Is reconciliation impossible when families get involved?

Summary: Broke up with my ex gf about 1 month ago. We were together for 3.5 years. Both each other's first. Shes 22 and I'm 24. I'm assuming she had GIGS, she didn't really give me a good reason. Just didn't know if I was the "one" since she hasn't dated anyone else.

I met her a week ago (after 3 weeks of NC) to clear some things up. We left on good terms.

She texted my sister the next day (My sister and ex gf were pretty close during our relationship). Saying how she was sorry for what happened and hoping that my sis would take care of me.

My sister responded with a stern text back saying how my ex gf made a mistake, is getting caught up with the party culture, blah blah, etc.

My ex never responded to my sister's text (didn't really expect her to).

But now I'm wondering if my ex even wanted to get back would this last interaction with my sister inhibit her from contacting me? (She's pretty conscious about how my family thought her).

Maybe after a few months of NC (Ex. 6 months) I can try to be friends again....

Just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

Simon Phoenix

No. There's no way that your sister having your back will have any effect on how your ex views you. And your No Contact won't be effective if you are plotting to be friends/whatever down the road. If you're friends down the road, it'll be a natural occurrence, not something you plan.

• Like 1