i still love him

findingmyway93

findingmyway93

Me and my ex fell inlove when we were 16,through the years..i hurt him..we were together until we were 20/21.I used to leave him at times for other people,thats where our physical altercations led to..one resulting in me getting a restraining order and him catching a charge.He used to always ask me to come back..he even pleaded with me..i didnt listen.smh ive always been inlove with him,i just didnt know how to slow down.I needed time to grow up, i went ahead and got engaged again..But the guy i was with..i cared for him..but i wasnt inlove with him..i was inlove with my ex..and i knew that..smh i couldnt marry the new guy..I knew i wanted to marry my ex..I made a dumb decision..I begin to look for my ex and it just so happened that he came out of the blue and called me..after an arguement with his new gf..which shes 26 and he just turned 22..She spit on him,in response to him checking her phone.sigh..we link back up..and im elated to talk to him..i miss him..but the dilema begins..he loves her and me..we dragged this on from january until today..he told me he was still inlove with me..i asked him so many times..but today he told me he chooses her..and hes inlove with her..and that i should of thought about that..and how much he suffered..and that he would be there..when i got there to him.im in georgia right now..hes in charlotte..im so confused guys..he said some harsh things to me..i miss him already..and the lady has a kid and calls him dad..sigh..some help please!

Dear findingmyway93,

I remember being in a relationship that had similar ups and downs, while there were no physical altercations the emotional roller coaster was exhausting. For me, the best thing was to let him go and work on myself. I also had to realize that I was worthy of a love that was gentle, supportive, stable and fun! You are worthy of the same thing.

Maybe with some time apart you could figure out what is best for you and what you really want from a relationship. I also was blessed with the ability to surround myself with friends and family during that time who be a support to me; do you have someone like that in your life? Maybe an older woman at church or work who could give you some guidance?

Whatever you decide, you sound like an amazing young woman and I am praying and believing that you make the best decision!