Is there any chance i can get her back? Could she be in a rebound relationship?

Less than a month ago I broke up with my girlfriend. We were both in love but I was very confused about what I wanted to do with my life and for some reason felt like changing something. Letting her go was not the best move, I realized that the issues weren't about her.

A few days later I met up with her and told her how I was feeling and asked if we could somehow work it out. She told me that her love was gone and we'd better move on. I was devastated but still tried to cope with that; the next week we hung out and somehow we ended up having sex and told ourselves that it was meaningless. Fast forward 5 days she tells me that she would like to start dating this guy that was in love with her years ago, before I even knew her (nothing happened with this guy but in the last year or so he repeatedly tried to kiss her despite she wanting him out of her life. Anyway I didn't see him as a threat), and asks me how would that make me feel. I was trying to convince myself to move on so I told her that I didn't know how I was feeling yet. That same night I texted her and said I wanted to talk to her in person, she agreed but her reply was too late and didn't see her. The next day I sent her a message telling her how I was feeling about that other guy and why i had broken up with her and all that. She responded that it was too late and she was angry at me for not telling her all this things while we were still together and that I had the opportunity to tell her this things the day/s before, when she was more attached to me.

We had some back and forth the next few days and the last time I saw her she said that she is very happy with this other guy and might even feel in love; she still has some feelings for me but she says it's definitely not love. She still seen me as an important part of her life and would like me to not go away. I texted her the last time on NYE and said how i would like to start seeing her more often to which she responded something like "Let's talk about this in person". She was supposed to come by my house the next day but didn't wake up until 5pm and told me she would come some other day. I didn't reply to that.

All this happened in 3 weeks or so. We loved each other very much and I don't think there was something between them before the breakup, although she said she realized that her love for me was a little "different" since July(we had some issues at that time and progressively got closer) but never talked about it. I haven't contacted her in 3days and I think I'm going to keep it that way for a while until I get my stuff together.

TL;DR: ex gf says she's falling in love with another guy after breakup, I still want her back. Is he a rebound? How do I proceed? Just started "NC".

You proceed by recognizing that your actions have consequences. You dumped her. That told her that you did not value her or the relationship. She also can't trust you anymore because you bailed on her when things go tough.

She moved forward / away from you. Whether he's a rebound or not doesn't matter. What matters is he is not you. At this moment that is all she cares about & she is not inclined to give you a second chance.

• Author
You proceed by recognizing that your actions have consequences. You dumped her. That told her that you did not value her or the relationship. She also can't trust you anymore because you bailed on her when things go tough.

She moved forward / away from you. Whether he's a rebound or not doesn't matter. What matters is he is not you. At this moment that is all she cares about & she is not inclined to give you a second chance.

I understand how she feels right now and I don't blame her. I feel miserable after all i have put her through and she knows that. Still, i love her so much and would like to be together but for now i guess the best thing for both of us is to give her space.

Now she texted me, what do i do?

Edited by stuff
ExpatInItaly
I understand how she feels right now and I don't blame her. I feel miserable after all i have put her through and she knows that. Still, i love her so much and would like to be together but for now i guess the best thing for both of us is to give her space.

Now she texted me, what do i do?

Well, what did she write?