A second chance that worked."it pays not to hold a grudge"

Mrlonelyone

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/fashion/taking-a-break-for-friendship.html

Check this out these people dated but not seriously:

“Are these dates?” my friends would ask.

“They’re datelike,” I would answer, referring to Jonathan as my imaginary boyfriend, my insignificant other, my friend without benefits.

These married girlfriends enjoyed their front-row seats in the arena of middle-aged dating, but resented his annoying failure to fall in love with me. They had never met him but thought he should be thanking his lucky stars. He wasn’t.

A few patient and hopeful ones (I called them “the Yes Team”) excused the glacial pace with, “Don’t forget, he’s British.”

Thirteen months of suboptimal dating passed. Several times I announced I couldn’t see him anymore because I had feelings for him that weren’t reciprocated. That went nowhere. If he looked (in my opinion) stricken, I would take it back.

Now they have a total 4 years of history.

That was two-plus years ago, or counting back to the first first date, four years ago. I don’t regret the hiatus or even the email fight that caused it, because who knows what calculus of time and space and dud dates in between led to where we are now.

I don’t ask for explanations. I sum it up, borrowing a line from “Sex and the City”: “The taxi was going by. It just didn’t have its light on.”

Comments?

wow, what a story. elegantly written ;).

Absolutely we should never hold a grudge, specially in some cases where a potential partner could be reacting to something that we are not aware of, we just have to be patient which nowadays most of us are not

• Author
wow, what a story. elegantly written ;).

Absolutely we should never hold a grudge, specially in some cases where a potential partner could be reacting to something that we are not aware of, we just have to be patient which nowadays most of us are not

Exactly. Now a days we want quick instant gratification. Heck, I just realized that most online dating does not involve actual meeting in person anymore. It is all electronic. Like something out of Demolition man.

No touching.

Lol, I do believe that in the future sex as we know it will disappear and be replace with thing like in that video, our grand kids will refer to our sex as an "animal" like sex