Moved away for a Job lost girl, now lost girl and job- next steps

So I moved away exactly a year ago to a new city for a job. At the time I was dating a girl, for only a short period of time, but we were in love. We had strong feelings for each other and continued to be in a "it's complicated state" for about six months, seeing each other every so often. We both agreed given the length of our relationship it didn't make sense to do anything drastic.

I saw her last about three months ago, we both were dating passively in our perspective cities, but this time I saw her it was weird. I decided it was time one and for all to go no contact.

She didn't tell me at the time of seeing her last but I deducted she just started to seriously date someone new. Seeing as this was about three months ago, I'm torn up over the situation, but understood it and wanted her to be happy- seeing as we were in two new cities it was time to move on.

Flashforward to last week at my job. For political reason I had all of my responsibilities pulled away and switched to new efforts. No real reason, just the need for new blood. It burns me because I moved for this effort and they're throwing me out with the bath water. It made me realize that your relationships are what matter in this life.

It also made me realize what a mistake I had made in throwing away a completely good relationship for a job. If I would have known it would have been different. I don't have loyalty to my job anymore, and would move back and restart our relationship in heartbeat.

I know shes dating someone for about 3 or so months now, and I hate to be so selfish to come back and let her know all this, but I really do still care so much about her, and even though she's in a new relationship, I can't believe she's moved on- we're no contact because we have to not because we want to. There is a no bad blood between us whatsoever.

Should I call her let her know what's going on? Let her know the situation? Or should I just leave it alone for good, last thing I want to do is be selfish, or hone in on something that's making her happy- but if there's a door open with us I want to use it before it's too late.

P.S. I'm under no impression that this girl is just going to drop everything for me, I AM FINE with her saying "I have moved on you should too." Her actions have partly said that but I don't know if that's how she really truly feels.

SammySammy

I don't see a problem with calling her. Her dating may not be serious. It wouldn't hurt to see where you stand.

pidgeon1010

Go for it! You have nothing to lose, especially since you both parted ways under cordial terms but be sure the feelings you are having right now are not fleeting and caused by the recent hiccup in your career. I guess you should take it one step at a time but you never want to move somewhere for a relationship unless you are absolutely positive because a lot of people end up being resentful when the relationship doesn't work. Best Wishes!