Short Term Relationships and Second Chances

I have been out of a STR for about 7 weeks now and we were together for around 4 months. I'm pretty sure I was too available in the last 2 weeks of the relationship which made her pull away and ask for some space. I have had LC with her but as of right now 2 weeks NC and will be sticking to it to work on myself. Just wondering if anyone has had a successful reconciliation after a STR breakup? If so how did it happen?

Was it passionate, and did you feel like she LOVED you, and you weren't just someone she got infatuated with at first, but then got bored?

Depends on the circumstances. If it was very intense, the feelings might always be there. Who knows.

• Author

I want to believe it was intense, she had been separated from her ex-husband for 5 years and had 2 kids. I have been the first guy since him to meet her kids and family. All her friends told her that I was a "keeper". Like I said I believe me being too available and being at her house for the last 2 weeks pushed her away because she is a very independent person. I think she saw me as needy but she also encouraged me to be around all the time, mixed messages for sure. I have only text her 2 or three time since the BU and it was just to get some of my stuff back from her and a little chit chat. If she thought I was needy I'm certainly hoping she isn't thinking that now

Stick to NC, and see where the chips fall. If she reaches out, don't think too much. Be casual, and be a mix of not clingy, but still a good dude to her.

Don't be too nonchalant. She knows, you know, we all know, that's gonna come off forced, and it's BS.

• Author

I agree I'm going to stick to NC. I think it was a case of too fast too soon and was probably a little overwhelming considering she hadn't felt this way in a while. A mutual friend said she thought she got scared because of how quickly things progressed. Best thing I can do is just give her space and let her come to her own realisations. NC is definitely helping though and I'm feeling better every day.

• Author

I guess I'm just stunned with how quickly this disintegrated. One minute we are talking about our future together and the next she is asking for space just very confusing what happened.

It was 4 months. NC is for YOU to figure out if it was love, lust, or just plain old infatuation. Once you come to the conclusion, then act accordingly.

Do not contact her first by any means. If she reaches out, don't respond right away like you were waiting by your phone for her.

• Author

I have no plans on contacting her unless I hear from her first but back to the original post question of whether anyone has reconciled after a STR? How did ti happen?