Still not in love...

I wrote about my marriage issues several years ago. At that time my wife was making phone calls and talking to her ex-boyfriend and texting him. I found out about it and put my foot down. She eventually ended it with him but only after meeting up with him once (where they didn't have sex; she says, but only kissed) and after months of anguish on my part during which I felt like I was mourning the loss of someone very close, only she was still right there, and finding out the details of her affair.

Cut to the future, Now. We are still married and raising our three children. I wish to say that things are perfect now but... for a year she would tell me she loved me (fake it til you make it; right), but now she has gone back to saying the "I love you but I am not in love with you" line. She denies an affair, but I am not sure where this is going. She is really busy with work and taking online course work, and so I can understand some depressed emotions, but what I really want is a way back.

I have resolved that marriage is not a temporary thing, something that should be easily dissolved. I believe we should fight through problems, I just don't think she cares to.

Any advice on bringing her closer?

toffeecream77

Hey there. Have you tried marriage counselling? Any self help books? I can't recommend any myself (I'm not married), but I have picked up some good tips from relationship guides in the past. Best of luck.