Ex Contacted Me On My Birthday

Colin John

I broke up with my ex last feb bc i had commitment issues. I realized i made a mistake and we started hanging out again a few months later and everything was going good but then she broke it off with me saying she wanted to date and she didn't see a relationship in our future. She broke my heart just like i broke hers. I really love her and we were in contact until about 3 weeks ago we stopped talking bc she said she was seeing other people. Today was my birthday and she "Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your day!" i replied "Thanks :)". I jsut left it at that. I was happy she wished me a happy brithday but at the same time it hurt alot to think about her and how we were together last year and went to the giants game for my bday. I know she probably just being nice, but i dunno, i still feel like she cares about me and thinks about us. Any advice on how to proceed?

Happy Birthday!

If I were you I'd be getting out there and dating too.

She say's she doesn't see a future with you, so there's really no point in wasting time thinking about what could've been or should've been. She has clearly moved on and would've probably always had niggling doubts about whether you'd end it again if you ever did get back together.

Time for a brand new start.

Just give her her space. That's all you can do. It was good you only replied with a thank you. Let her contact you. Don't be wishful or hopeful. You have to carry on without her as if she's not coming back. Keep living your life and take care of yourself. When you're ready, you'll start dating again too.

Happy Birthday!

• Author

Yeah, I got hammered last night and left my ex a voice mail at like 4 am worst mistake ever. She hasn't responded obviously, cant even remember exactly what I said to her, something about missing her and how much I love her. Im so pissed at myself, everything was good before I did that. I reallly wish she at least acknowledged me, I don't know If I should contact her just to apologize or something. Im really upset that I did that, it basically ruined my birthday.

Firstly Happy Birthday,

and I am sorry it wasn't a good one this year.

If everything was going good. I would contact her just to apologise and say how sorry you were. don't be pushy, don't ask to catch up - just apologise and leave it at that ( whether it be on the phone or by voicemail).

Then if she wants to reconnect with you she can, at least you have tried to fix the broken fence, but the ball will need to be left in her court

• Author

Too late for that i called her apologized then rehashed everything about our relationship and she told me she started seeing someone else so eventually i told her i was happy shes happy and i hope we can be friends down the road. Time to keep it moving