ex boyf and a new guy i am dating

Hello i need some urgent advice, I think my ex still wants me back

I was with my ex for ten and a half months and I loved him very much he broke up with me. It took me four months before I dated anyone else I dated one guy for a bit but it didn't work out.

However one night one of my exs mates well i would say acquaintances popped up on Facebook we got talking and hes a nice guy and would treat me well. I have always wanted my ex back and this new guy lives in the same town as my ex. I was talking to my ex tonight and somehow he knew me and this other guy had our first date this Sunday. The thing is my ex deleted me of fb and hasn't spoken to me properly for ages. I told him i wont go if it upsets him and he went mad and started swearing and everything. When he found out I had been in hospital recently he got really caring. He then had the cheek to say as I was moving on the next date he gets asked on he will go on. apparently he turned girls down although i doubt he has hes not fab with women. I told him to think about us he said he would however he wont accept me back on Facebook and I now feel guilty about this date on Sunday. I like the guy on Sunday but I still love my ex and as he got so annoyed tonight I think he still likes me

What should i do?

Cat x

Stop thinking about your ex and make a new chapter for yourself in life.

That's my two cents.

Dear Cat888

Your ex dumped you and then is jealous when it appears that you are moving on with your life. He has a tantrum when you say that you won't go on this date with the other guy and is using Facebook as a means of punishing you? He sounds like a real keeper. NOT!! I agree with Keenly in that your ex is not worth the effort and that his interference in your affairs is unacceptable. Being that you are still hung up on your ex's every word and want him back you should make it clear to this other guy that you still have feelings for your ex and that you don't want to string him along. He deserves better than someone who is still emotionally attached to her past. Sometimes a person has to experience a few more hurts with there ex's before they realize that they were never truly compatible. I hope that you have the courage not to repeat that cycle too many times before you have the self confidence and self respect to find someone better.

All the best - Bud.

I agree with the other posters. You don't owe your ex anything. Go out with whomever you want. You aren't a toy to be put on a shelf and only taken down to be played with whenever he wants. How did he break up with you? I am guessing he was only trying to make you jealous when he said he would go out with the next girl that asked him out.

When a man really cares about a woman he doesn't want anyone but her and only her and the thought of breaking up with her is not an option. What he is feeling is someone else trying to play with his toy and he doesn't like it. Not love. Do not feel any guilt and do what you want. You are single so enjoy it!

The only thing I would warn you about is the other guy. I don't know how it is over there but here in the states I would not even think about dating a friends ex. Especially if I knew he might still have feelings about her. And especially if you dated him for a good amount of time. To me it kinda shows bad character. If a guy will cheat on a friend he will cheat on you.