My Success Story

Lonestar

I know several people here have wondered if there really are second chances with an X, because no one ever comes back here to post about it. I don't want to be one of those people who never checks back in here.

My ex-husband and I were divorced in July of 2003. Our courtship was very fast, passionate, and we married way too quickly. Right after that we had a baby and then the whole thing fell apart after she was born. Even though we barely spoke for two years, I don't think I ever stopped loving him. I definitely forgot about him, and even hated him at times, but it took me so long to go through the mourning stage with him, that when I was finally over it, I thought I'd never go back.

We started talking more when I went back to work and our daughter went into daycare. There was really no avoiding it at that point, because family members couldn't take care of the drop/offs of our child anymore, and I really needed to speak with him directly. The more we talked, the more he seemed to be around (using our daughter as an excuse). Like instead of picking her up at the daycare, he was picking her up at 8:30 in the morning at my place if he had the day off, so that I wouldn't have to drop her off before work. When she got sick for a good two weeks, we spoke almost daily and saw each other several times.

I began to realize I was still extremely physically attracted to him, so when I couldn't take the temptation anymore, I called him up and proposed we use each other for sex. We were doing that within a couple days of the phone call sometime in July. Since then we've been "using" each other about once a week. At one point, my feelings got involved and I didn't want to get hurt, so I used no contact for about two weeks. I posted here in the no contact thread steadily at that point. Turns out that bugged the crap out of him, and he realized he didn't want me gone again or with anyone else, and yes, I used no contact for a reaction. Nothing wrong with that, it works.

I found this all out because about 10 days ago I called him and asked all the serious questions. He admitted he didn't want me with anyone else, and that this was not all about sex anymore. Since that phone call, things began to get much more invloved. I see or talk to him almost every day now, the sex is friggin incredble, and he told me he loved me the other night. It slipped out after he had a few drinks.

I'm taking it all slow, but it's moving fast too, because it's so easy to fall right back into love again with someone you once shared that connection with. The problem is that a lot of damage was done during the divorce and we need to find a way to overcome that (again, slowly). We're back together secretly right now. If all goes well, I suspect the other people in our world will know about it within a month, but like I said, there's a ton of crap to work out and I don't know if we'll be able to do that. I do know that we don't want to be apart or with anyone else, so we'll see.

So second chances really do happen.

Urban Rubble01

That's great. If you wouldn't mind my asking, how long were you guys together before the split ?

I hope that in half a year to a year I can be back with the same kind of thing. My girl of over 3 years and I are broken up/on a break at the moment. It's only day 5 and I cannot imagine going a year. I'm just going to keep loving her, but not be too hopeful or put ALL my faith in it.

But yeah, great to hear. I hope all the best for you.

• Author

I'm blessed to have a second chance with someone I truly loved, but I still have no answer to the question "do second chances work?" I know they happen, but does it work. I have my doubts. I'll stick around here and let you all know.

Urban Rubble01, we were together for about two years before we split. That was the courtship, marriage, and a pregnancy. I told ya we moved fast, way too fast, but we're both passionate people, and that's a dangerous thing.

Well pleased for you lonestar!! Now you've started a worthy new thread yourself lol!! really hope it works out for you guys. Just take it as slowly as you possibly can, and I'm sure it will. as you say - very magnanimous of you to come back on here to post about it. This is what its all about after all... success stories.