I Left my ex, now she's got another man I want her back !

My ex and I had a stormy but passionate relationship off and on (mainly on) over 7 years. She had two kids and we have a daughter between us who is now 4. we moved a trashed old house to the country and began doing the place up ( I did all the work ). Late 2002 she rang me at work and layed into me about some friends of mine who were staying with us from overseas. she told me not to come home that night. well i didn't come home that night - in fact I never went home again !!

to cut a long story short we kind off kept having sex off and on, between blow ups and for me part of me wanted to come back, but another part was happy with the staus quo ! Meanwhile she kept working on the house and it is nearly finished, making me think I'd like to come back but maybe not quite yet.

I didn't see her for a while and she missed my birthday in July which I thought was a bit odd, I knew that her 'mobile mortgage manager' was keen on her and I knew in my heart that they had got it on. I rang her up and my worst fears were confirmed. I thought I was prepared for this occurance, cos I knew it would eventually happen. But it has rocked me to the core. The guy has taken her on overseas trips and is bessotted with her - and has now moved into 'our house'.

When I panicked and declared my undying love and offers of marriage, she told me she was stunned at how I felt (she had waited 7 years to hear these things). We even had a sex another couple of times. Then she went to the states where she said she would make up her mind him or me. I knew that it was curtains for me, but when she came back and told me I was shattered - in fact I had a breakdown and couldn't work for a mont - hell I couldn't even go back to my flat, I hated it ther on my own.

2 weeks ago we had a phone arguement but she tells me she still loves me, but he is better for her than me, we end up having phone sex!!

Anyway she is currently with him in Vanuatu - do I need to move on or is their hope that this new guy might just be a short termer??

...I panicked and declared my undying love and offers of marriage...she had waited 7 years to hear these things...

Men.

Dear sweet men.

So predictable.

Sure there's hope, but for her sake, I hope the two of you are through. I feel bad for her that she was kept waiting for 7 years, and that when she finally gets fed up, and moves on, only THEN do you let her know she's important to you.

Sorry Duncan but I have to second the other poster's motion. You sound like you only want what you can't have. It's not healthy for your or her. You didn't care as long as you had sex and now that she's cutting you off (well sort of) you believe you love her deeply. If you did, I don't believe you would have treated her the way you did.

Learn something from this for the next time you meet someone that you would be hurt to lose. If you learn nothing, you could go throug this again.

Sounds like one funked up situation.

I hope for her new dude's sake she tells him she banged you a few times depsite her being with the guy.