She called..kind of awkward...

jerryinva

So, she finally called... And I answered... Good conversation...but awkward...some topics I knew I had to avoid... then when she said she was buying a outfit...I stopped and thought about it...she knew I was wondering if she was buying it for herself...or "him." And then when she went to hang up, she said she would call me later...and it would be a little later...I paused again, and she knew what I was thinking...

Very frustrating for her to know what was I was thinking...

Don't answer next time.

Take a break from her for a while... you're not getting any better by conversing with her.

• Author

She called again later...but I was disengaged. She was watching Comedy Central...and wanted me to watch it with her (over the phone,) but I was playing a new PS2 game...and wasn't done yet. She got off the phone about 15 minutes later, said she would call me back in a minute, and never did.

So...we didn't end in "happy land." Although since it is back to work today, I am sure she will be giddy, she can go to lunch again with him. I made a joke she didn't think was funny earlier... I asked her if he was using his senior's discount at restaurants, or his AARP card...

• Author

She emailed me this morning... with a "Hey There," much less warm and fuzzy than her usual emails...but she got to hang out with him this morning... and I am sure at lunch...

She asked me to call her....haven't done so...