Friend/gf acting distant

Guys Pls help me out on this one. My friend/gf has been acting distant 4 a while now. when she came by I offered her space and she quickly grabbed it and thanked me 4 all I have done 4 her. I usually give her an allowance monthly. I told her I will give her 4 two months after we agreed on space to let her get used to the fact that am not wit her anymore. I gave her d first month and the 2nd is almost due. We have been on nc. Am confused as I don't want to call her to give her as it will seem I am trying to bribe her back and if I don't I will seem as if I didn't keep my words. The money doesn't mean to much to me I just don't want to spoil any chance of her comin back. What should I do. I still care abt her but am ready to let go. Sory for postin on this thread need fast advice

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Well, she took you up on your offer for space. You are ready to move on and I think that is exactly what you should do. Quit giving her an allowance.

• Like 1
  • Author

Tanx guys. Dats a life saver. The relatnship blues can really hit the strongest of us. The relationship was complex. It started out as a friend thing. I am much older 13years(please don't tink am a perve I didn't plan to love her it just happened) I have mostly treated her like a dotting parent that's why I have always giving her an allowance. I want her back(doesnt every dumpee) I don't want to force it. I am asking because I feel on one breath it might look as if am trying to persuade her with money or make contact. On another I told her I would and I am not known as someone who breaks his word. I don't want that to be the last impression she has of me, If this is final as I believe it is. Your comments please.

Simon Phoenix
Tanx guys. Dats a life saver. The relatnship blues can really hit the strongest of us. The relationship was complex. It started out as a friend thing. I am much older 13years(please don't tink am a perve I didn't plan to love her it just happened) I have mostly treated her like a dotting parent that's why I have always giving her an allowance. I want her back(doesnt every dumpee) I don't want to force it. I am asking because I feel on one breath it might look as if am trying to persuade her with money or make contact. On another I told her I would and I am not known as someone who breaks his word. I don't want that to be the last impression she has of me, If this is final as I believe it is. Your comments please.

Stop paying her dude. That's pathetic. She's an adult.

• Author

A girls perspective will be appreciated. Will I look like a liar and a dishonourable person, I actually care abt dat impression am already losing her. Don't want to loss that too

"Tanx Simon won't I look like a lied and am not honourable"

No! She broke up with you and hasn't contacted you since!! You owe her nothing!

• Author

Tanxs. Last poster you feel there is nothing dishonourable or vindictive about that we agreed that the allowance will stop this month. Money is not my problem don't want to look as if am begging or anything dats all. N I don't want to look like a liar too. That's why am asking. Tanx

• Author

I get what u have all been sayin and am not a fool or something just want perspective on whether it's not dishonourable or petty for me to agree after I gave her the space and she accepted and I said I will still give her two months allowance. I gave her d first. I don't want the last tin she remembers about me to be that am a liar but at d same time I don't want to look like am askin her to come back

I get what u have all been sayin and am not a fool or something just want perspective on whether it's not dishonourable or petty for me to agree after I gave her the space and she accepted and I said I will still give her two months allowance. I gave her d first. I don't want the last tin she remembers about me to be that am a liar but at d same time I don't want to look like am askin her to come back

I'm still struggling to wrap my mind around someone giving their girlfriend an allowance.

• Author

But I believe u must know by now that life is not a straight line things happen in all shape and sizes. Relationships too. If I know my girl doesn't have anything and I was giving her an allowance. I never tot it was so bad. I was just tryin to be a good person becos I could afford it. I was tryin to buy her