Ex girlfriend likes to cuddle

To make a long story short, my ex broke up with me about a month and a half ago. We were together for 8 months. She is 19 and I am 23 (is that bad). Anyways I have been involved with lots of different people in my life and she is definintly the coolest girl I have ever been involved with, it was one of the best relationships I had ever been in, and I know that I love her. We share the same social circles and have many mutual friends. She told me that she was to young right now to be in a serious relationship and that she needed to be free to explore other options to find out what she really wants. She says that she really does care for me and that she has never felt so comfortable around anyone else ever. She says that she feels that she can talk about anything with me and that she likes so much about me.

Here is were I get even more confused: We still talk to each other on a regular basis ( I'm the one who mostly calls her, though she always returns my phone calls if she doesn't answer), hang out once a week, and whenever we hang out we end up holding hands and cuddling. We've even made out once.

I am confused because she wouldn't return phone calls if she honestly didn't want me in her life, and she has every reason to not what to talk to me because of my ridicuolus begging for her back. Yet she still talks to me and hangs out with me. WTF!!!!!!!!!

I'm so frustrated because I don't understand why she really doesn't want to be with me if the things she says to me are true.

Any advice?

Maybe she really does still care for you, but she wants the freedom to see other people, too. If you're not comfortable with the way things are, change them. Instead of calling her all the time, or going out, and especially making out, avoid her for a little while. Maybe once she knows what its like to be without you, she will realize you're what she wanted all along and come back. But if things stay the way they were when you two were in a relationship, letting her have her cake and eat it too, she's not going to want to date you again for awhile. Why let go of the new found freedom she has when she can keep you and see other people?