4 Years Later...We're Back Together

heartshaped

When I was fifteen I met a boy and fell in love. We dated all throughout high school and through my first year of college. I fully intended to marry that boy, but life got in the way.

We were at different schools, trust issues developed, and I developed GIGs. I was nineteen and thought I knew everything about the world..except how to make my relationship work. I thought people don't really end up with the first person they love and decided on my own that is was best if Knight and I parted ways.

One day, I simply ripped the rug from under him. I left him, I moved away, and I didn't even tell him until I was already gone. I thought it was what was best for us both.

I think the actions and the time that followed were the only things that secured our future. Knight did not beg me to stay, in fact, Knight was highly pissed and we both went NC after the breakup.

I came around a year later dropping breadcrumbs. Knight responded until he realized I was dropping breadcrumbs and cut communication. I initiated contact once or twice more over the years. Again, dropping breadcrumbs. Knight simply ignored me.

Until a month or so ago, I messaged him, told him I still loved him, and I wanted to see him. To that, Knight did respond and we began to see each other. Very casually, however, and Knight put me often through the ringer.

Just a week ago, we decided to try out a relationship again. After all these years, we still love each other. We're different people now, hopefully, better people and we both are putting are all into making things work.

I guess my story is just that sometimes the end of a relationship isn't really the end. Sometimes years pass, you live separate lives, and love other people, but you still find your way back to each other.

I have no idea if things are going to work out with Knight this go around. It's too early still, but I hope they do and for now at least, we are both happy and we both have each other.

• Like 2

It's nice to hear a promising story about second chances for a change. (I hope no families were broken up because of this reconciliation?)

The years apart probably gave you both the necessary space to change and grow so that one day it COULD work.

Good luck and keep us posted! :bunny: