Ex bailed during discussion, what's going on?

muffinman1127

muffinman1127

Hey all, I'll try to keep this as short and calm as possible. So I'm a couple days into my freshman year of college where my ex (whom I had texted but not seen in 2 months) also happens to go. So last night my friends and I drunkenly ended up at her apartment through mutual friends, and I said something mean so I took her aside to apologise. We were alone in her bedroom, both fairly drunk, for about 45 minutes talking, and she was really nice and even told me that if I tried something we could have sex right then, maybe even be fwb. I said I wanted to at least talk for a little longer first, and we did so, still with a fairly charged conversation. Then, a friend of hers came into her apartment and she went out to greet him, telling me shed be back. I told her I would leave if she wanted me too, and her roommates/friends told me I may want to leave with my friends,, but again I just said that she (my ex) needed to tell me herself. She never did, and a half hour later we left. I'm still mad about the lack of respect for me, and I just have no idea what to do. Please give me some advice, and thank you!!

I would leave her alone. She doesn't really owe you anything(respect or w/e) since your're broken up. She seems to only be interested in sex.

• Author
muffinman1127

She has told me many times that she wants to be friends though... I know she doesn't owe me anything, do you think this is a sign that a friendship could never really work?

These "friendships" usually never work out, especially when someone still has intimate feelings for the other. It's just a way to make herself feel better.

LinkWorshiper

I am literally stewing in this problem myself. My ex started talking to me again and being super friendly, messaging me like the good old days, talking about the stuff we always used to talk about and all that kind of thing. It felt really nice and I was happy to think maybe we were reestablishing a connection. The caveat is that the reason I established NC was because he told me he had met someone he was thinking of pursuing and I told him I wasn't about to sit around for that. So when he came back talking to me on blast, stalking my Tumblr, I kind of thought that maybe things hadn't worked out with the other girl, but I went to find out. He avoided the topic, avoided the topic, until he couldn't anymore, and when I asked him why he was suddenly talking to me so much, it turned into how it was my fault for expecting too much out of him when I should have known better.

So my point is that it might feel good, but unless you guys talk about it and are on the exact same page, reading the same word at the same time, something is going to fall apart and it'll feel like breaking up again, but worse. Because that's how I feel right now.

I am literally stewing in this problem myself. My ex started talking to me again and being super friendly, messaging me like the good old days, talking about the stuff we always used to talk about and all that kind of thing. It felt really nice and I was happy to think maybe we were reestablishing a connection. The caveat is that the reason I established NC was because he told me he had met someone he was thinking of pursuing and I told him I wasn't about to sit around for that. So when he came back talking to me on blast, stalking my Tumblr, I kind of thought that maybe things hadn't worked out with the other girl, but I went to find out. He avoided the topic, avoided the topic, until he couldn't anymore, and when I asked him why he was suddenly talking to me so much, it turned into how it was my fault for expecting too much out of him when I should have known better.

So my point is that it might feel good, but unless you guys talk about it and are on the exact same page, reading the same word at the same time, something is going to fall apart and it'll feel like breaking up again, but worse. Because that's how I feel right now.

What did he say exactly, when you asked him why he had contacted you? I'm curious...

• Author
muffinman1127

I know the feeling linkworshiper, it really messes with you... May I ask how long you were broken up? I talked to my ex the next morning and it really killed me, she said she never really wanted to talk to me which was bs, but I just don't know what to do.