LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Second Chances

Your ex's brother or sister

Second Chances Called it off but doubting the decision now? Someone wants you back? Let us know about it!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2013, 2:10 AM   #1
Established Member

Your ex's brother or sister

Do you think its a good /bad idea to talk to your ex's brother or sister in trying to gain a second Chance from your ex?

I mean do you think it would be worth it to get them to hear you out and hopefully they will convince them to reconsider you? Do you think the bond between sister or brother or sister or whatever can impact on your ex to give you a second try? Obviously it would be good to be on good terms with them too.

I'm debating whether its a good idea to ahead with....

Please give me your feedback :-) thanks guys!!
AKisBaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 2:47 AM   #2
Established Member

it's a bad idea.
fungusamungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 3:05 AM   #3
Established Member

Bad idea. Your ex will think that you are trying to get "dirt" on them or meddle in their lives and they will resent it. Plus, it puts the brother or sister in a weird spot. In a lot of cases, they are your ex's main confidant and they won't want to betray your ex's trust and might be standoffish to you because of it.

My ex is the sister-in-law of one of my best friends. I've known his wife (her sister) longer than I've known her. But I have not once brought up the break with the sister. There just wasn't an upside for me. My friend is the one I go to and he has my back, though he won't talk to my ex about it because he doesn't want to upset his wife (though my ex won't talk to him because she knows that he's basically my brother).

Either way, stay away from talking to the ex's siblings.
Simon Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 3:43 AM   #4
Established Member

First of all, I vote bad idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKisBaked View Post
I mean do you think it would be worth it to get them to hear you out and hopefully they will convince them to reconsider you? Do you think the bond between sister or brother or sister or whatever can impact on your ex to give you a second try?
You are asking if the sibling bond might mean that your "helper" might have some sway over your ex, right? If that sibling bond really does exist, then it would be much more likely that even if your "helper" does hear you out, that he/she would remain loyal to your ex.

If your ex doesn't want to give you a second chance, what in the world does the sibling have to gain by taking your side and applying unwanted pressure to try to advocate for your position?

Either they have a good sibling bond, and they will remain loyal to each other (and not advocate for you) or else if they don't have a decent sibling bond, and your "helper" dpes go to bat for you, then that probably means that there is not much useful influence to be had anyway.

I can't see much of a likelihood for a postive outcome, and I do see a pretty good chance for a negative reaction, either from your helper to you when you ask for help, or from your ex to the sibling when pressure is applied to reconsider giving you a second chance.
Old 10th March 2013, 4:39 AM   #5
Established Member

extremely bad idea.. don't do it..
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 5:13 AM   #6
Established Member

I agree with the others. There's nothing anyone else can say to them that makes any difference, someone either feels it for you or they don't. I'd focus on finding someone new instead.
Dragonfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 9:59 AM   #7
Established Member

Thanks for all the input guys, this made me think a lot of things differently. All your input gives me a different perspective on this situation.
AKisBaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 7:47 AM   #8
Established Member

Even if the smallest chance the exes brother/ sister talks to you, let alone actually agrees with you. I don't think it would change much.
Sugarkane is offline   Reply With Quote