Am i Being Played?

hi i've just been round my ex's house tonight we broke up about 4 months ago and have been in a realationship for about 10 months, ive just got back from her house and my mum seems to think she is playing me!

The reason for her to beleive this is because when i pretend im not intrested she runs after me and when i go after her shes cool towards me, when im keen she isnt and vise versa.

she asked if id like to go to town with her in the week and i said ok, i told her to call me. i dont call her anymore i let her contact me.

im really confused i thought she was being nice and wanted to be friends and maybe by being a friend to her and getting on well which we did doo tonight she would want me back which id like, but from what my mum has said she has really made me think about this and i dont no whether shes right?!

do you think she is using me and only has her intrest in heart and should i go to town with her or tell her no?

HELP!

thanks for listening

hurtingandconfused
do you think she is using me and only has her intrest in heart and should i go to town with her or tell her no?

If you are not sure that this girl really cares for you, then I say that you are better off without her. She's giving you too much heartache. Why put up with all this BS??? It's better to move on and never look back.

lost_in_chgo

Next time this happens, tell her to call you when she is done playing games.

It sounds like my situation.People at home tell me he's playing me and he knows I'll be there when he calls.After tomorrow,new course of action and will try one other thing along with the no contact rule.It works ;) .Good luck and be strong and remember that your feelings and heart come first,I learned that tonight.

No, you're not being played. Being played is getting cheated on. The two of you are just playing hard to get and that's all.

~V

So that is what being played is!! I heard that when they are just playing mind games when you're being played. I can see what you say vivid is true.Now that I think about it,you are right . I know my ex never checks his email if not once a day.When my dad and him were chatting ,he was getting on 2-3 times a day,that's not him.I stopped emailing him during that time and he must have been waiting for me. The minute I emailed,I had a reply in less than 1 hour. So troulbed 15,I think we are going through the same thing and you and I both are playing hard to get and so are our ex's. So,my question in this game,who gives in first?The dumper or the dumpee?

fishman3226

Can I join your club?

My ex gf givs me no cxontact for a fortnight then contacts me over the course of a week every night. I ultimately tell her I still have love for her and i go to her new place and we become 'intimate' - though no sex.

She then tell sme she does not want a relationship :confused: (all the while laying naked next to me and holding me tightly - I mean TIGHTLY - and telling me she misses me and so on.

You know when someone is keen about you when the look in their eyes says it to you - it shows you what they are thinking in their soul. I know what she is thinking but her mouth is saying other things. And it has from day one.

I storm out on Tuesday night mighty peeved and I feel back to square one.

I know this girl has issues with depression. Also she has told me that it would be hard with my kids in the picture - who I see once a fortnight - and I think it is a lame and shallow reason.

We plan to catch up next Saturday in a neutral place and have lunch. I am thinking she is a 'potential' but I aint gonna get any resolution until it is over completely or she is back. I aint holding out on a resumption cause I am sick of feeling bad about it.

I wonder is she feeling bad? Or is she playing me? Or playing hard to get?

Hi fishman, I was going to ask about your age, but with kids and everything... not really necessary.

I must say sometimes it's not what she sais but what she does that matters. Don't overanalyse it, just play along and let it happen. If she has a problem with depression, chances are she isn't able to take a decision.

So here's what I say: you meet her during the week-end and you make sure she isn't after "all play and no work". I mean sex, **** buddies however you want to call it.

After that, please be the man and take the lead - don't let her think things through and just try to pick up from where you left. Be reassuring, she'll love it! Gonna take a lot of time and patience, with her condition and everything, but if you love her (you sound like it :) ), maybe it's worth the trouble.