Physical abuse

ishmaelbrown

Is there ever any way to ask for a second chance after three incidents of pushing her to keep her from physically leaving?

Or is there no pathway to recovery and reconciliation?

She has taken various actions. Things just got out of hand on both ends. In the end we do love each other and are good people but the circumstances and my inexperience with the emotional depth combined to unhinge us.

I am thinking long term so perhaps months and years without contact while I get my life in order and undergo therapy.

todreaminblue
Is there ever any way to ask for a second chance after three incidents of pushing her to keep her from physically leaving?

Or is there no pathway to recovery and reconciliation?

She has taken various actions. Things just got out of hand on both ends. In the end we do love each other and are good people but the circumstances and my inexperience with the emotional depth combined to unhinge us.

I am thinking long term so perhaps months and years without contact while I get my life in order and undergo therapy.

i have been restrained from physically leaving,,,,if i truly wanted to have left i could have i am strong i didnt escalate the situation....it is actually common if you love someone to try and hold them to you.....i dont mean violently...its gentle restraint...i would try and hold out my hand to someone if i thought they were leaving upset and it was my fault..... i would attempt to try and fix things if they shoved me away or got violent with me i would let them leave..i would not hit back ......if you get help if your restraint wasnt gentle.......your gf or ex may forgive you i dont know....therapy in any situation will help you deal with your issues and deal with the consequences of your actions...i wish you well....everyone makes mistakes..and i have not hedl grudges against the oen who restrained me for restraining me ...violence yes is a real struggle to get over...even then i forgive.....just dont forget....deb

• Like 1
  • Author

Well she seems to be really intent on ruining my future and making sure that we never get back together. I can't blame her but I just thought we had something more. Maybe I was the only one who saw something more.

I really don't understand what you want or what happened.

She's trying to get you arrested? I would get a lawyer if I were you.

I mean it sounds like she is uninjured but in today's world you might be up for charges of assault, battery, and some kind of false imprisonment type charge for keeping her in the room. Maybe even sexual battery of some sort.

If she hasn't pressed charges just move on.

It's hard to comment, because your descriptions are pretty vague: "taken various actions..." "things got out of hand..." "she seems to be really intent on ruining my future..."

There's not a lot of solid substance here to comment on. I realize you may prefer not to provide details, which may be wise if you are being careful of your identity, but the other side of that is that without more concrete detail, there's not much to comment upon.

• Author

Legal action only involved a restraining order that was given without finding of fact or fault after a few weeks without any contact.

Other action involved our school, she tried to have me removed.

She erased all evidence we existed.

She overlaid a truly horrific past with what happened.