almost perfect relationship lost from cheating and contracting herpes

ok guys i had this girlfriend that was just about everything i looked for in a girl she was my high school sweetheart.. funny smart understanding wasnt too clingy.. everything was perfect. never argued unless we were playing around. i graduated one year before her . everything went fine that year also drove almost 400 miles to see her every weekend. when she came with me to college everything was perfect we were always together we always said love you and i told her she looked beautiful almost everysingle day.. i helped her get her first job. i was never a jealous guy who check her stuff every day. but i later found out she was talking to a guy from work.. i had been really busy with school and extra curricular activities.. when i found out .. she said she was just texting him and that was all .. but i also saw messages saying i love you she said she didnt mean it ..a little while later she got blisters on her vagina .. our school nurse said it was just a yeast infection (2 months ago) .. but two days ago she tested positive for herpes. which is the also the time she said she had "protected" sex with him .. she said she didnt know why she did it and she didnt know what she was thinking .. and she loves me so much and she was soo sorry for what she did .. and she was just confused because we were far from home ... she didnt know her self ... ive never seen a person cry so hard for me .. her dad cheated on her mom so she kind of felt like her dad ... what should i do i just got tested the other day and am waiting on my results .. idk what to do i mean i do love her ALOT but i really dont know what to do .. if she did this once she might do it again right .. or will she learn her lesson ??? also living with this is another thing... and evertime i look at her now i see her having sex with him .. i know i will get over it with time but i really dont know .. cuz i know if i am negitive (which i probably am positive due to how much we had sex) idk what to do

Edited by lostlove22
she said she didnt know why she did it and she didnt know what she was thinking .. and she loves me so much and she was soo sorry for what she did .. and she was just confused because we were far from home ... she didnt know her self ... ive never seen a person cry so hard for me ..

This is all bullsh*t.

LAUNCH.

Seriously, are you so desperate for companionship that you would stay with her...?

EDIT: And make sure you have your test results before you stick it in someone else...

sheithappens

Once a cheater , always a cheater . I really hope you don't test positive for it . If it comes out negative , RUN far from her .

if she loves you as much as she claims,then she would never have cheated.Confused? yeah right,what if in future she gets "confused" again.cant you see her deception?

1st she said i love you doesnt mean anything,if she did not get stds she would still hide her cheating from you.Slowly the i love yous evolve into sex..Come on its so obvious the lame way she trying to get sympathy to worm her way out the situation,cant you see her step by step lieing?Dump her,shes not relationship material atm

TD

lost-

You don't necessarily have herpes just because she does. The easiest way to catch it is unprotected sex while the person has sores. I think it can take 6 months to find out.

You are very young and seem like you might be a forgiving person. Ok, she made a mistake. She lied. She cheated. She messed with your emotions and some other guy's and maybe it was foolishness in youth. I don't know. But if you take her back you have two problems. She will think it's ok to do it again. If you don't have herpes, she could give it to you which unfortunately would put a stigma on you for life. Do you deserve that because of her mistakes? No. I personally would let her marinate in the consequences of her actions so she knows not to treat the next guy like this.

She's not sorry for cheating on you. She's sorry for cheating on you with this guy. She's sorry for contracting herpes. I would say that no matter the test results, you should not continue with her. Let her and the other guy deal with her shriveled vagina.

• Like 2
  • Author
lost-

You don't necessarily have herpes just because she does. The easiest way to catch it is unprotected sex while the person has sores. I think it can take 6 months to find out.

You are very young and seem like you might be a forgiving person. Ok, she made a mistake. She lied. She cheated. She messed with your emotions and some other guy's and maybe it was foolishness in youth. I don't know. But if you take her back you have two problems. She will think it's ok to do it again. If you don't have herpes, she could give it to you which unfortunately would put a stigma on you for life. Do you deserve that because of her mistakes? No. I personally would let her marinate in the consequences of her actions so she knows not to treat the next guy like this.

yes i was always raised to forgive the people who hurt me .. and i keep trying to make it seem like maybe this is it.. i know she learned her lesson i talked to her and her mom .. she dont feel like living anymore.. she knows she ****ed up she cries just about everyday and keeps tellin me she is sorry .. and she cant belive she did that... she changed.. she really used to tell me everything she did with out me asking... honest to god i know for a fact she was good .... but i guess she was just pulling the "is the grass greener on the other side thing" like i keep seeing... we had unprotected sex twice and protected sex countless times after her first outbreak that we thought was a yeast infection... but thank god MY TEST CAME OUT NEGATIVE!!! i told her i could not be her anymore but i will be there for her ... im not an *******... call me dumb as hell ..cuz i can already see it coming!

LoveAnimals

I am glad your results came back negative, however i urge you to continue testing for a few months. It takes the body some time to make antibodies and enough for a test to pick up. Just in case retest in few months. Anyway I think your story is a classic case of young curiosity. You had only been with each other and she got curious. I dont beieve she is srry for hurting you, i believe she is sorry for contracting this std. I think she probably thinks no one will want her now and she knows you still love her so its easy for her..I suggest you move on.