Not a success story quite yet...

citrusdrop1688

citrusdrop1688

But things are going surprisingly well. I havent posted about this relationship in a very long time.

Anyway, my ex and I had stopped working on getting back together the first week of July. I went through the various phases of acting out, like cutting and dying my hair, getting a new tattoo, and going out with new friends all the time. I even dated someone for a couple of weeks (had no interest in a relationship with him).

The ex and I maintained nc for the most part. 6 weeks after the break up we emailed for two days about where we were, how we were feeling, what would need to be different if we tried again. I said alot of things this forum and books say not to lol. Admitted how much I missed him, let him know how confused I was.

Another 6 weeks goes by and I hit a point where it was something had to happen... ANYTHING. Either things had to change or I needed to let go of this relationship for good. It hurt too much to continue to hold on. So, I emailed him, asked him if he wanted to grab coffee. At first he seems unsure, which reminded me of how things had been before. Then He said yes, and made it clear he would do whatever he needed to to match up with my schedule.

We meet up and just kinda catch up for a bit. He says hes still not ready to continue with us yet. But he had put a lot of thought into it. He said he thought we needed to sit down and discuss what would need to be different in a new relationship. He also told me that hed been on a date, which was heartbreaking, but that it didnt mean anything and he thought about me the whole time. Then we started to talk about more serious stuff (something else i was supposed to avoid lol). It turned into a 4 hour discussion, and holding eachother that resulted in us deciding that maybe we were ready to try again. He asked me out to dinner.

We've since had a few dates, hung out a few times. And we have talked about all the hard stuff. We have had some very uncomfortable conversations about the past, made some hard compromises. Soo far so good. We will see what happens, but the three months didnt decrease the love at all. It was all still there, just all the hurt and pain was gone.

• Author
citrusdrop1688

I want to mention that most breakups occur because one of the people know it could never work out in the end. We just never had that, and neither one of us did anything with anyone else, always remained loyal and thought about each other even though we werent talking. I guess we were lucky that way.