Am I to late?

Hey there all, any help and advice would be greatly appreiciated!

So, we broke up around 7 months ago and during this months things have been.. harsh. For a few months after the break up, she kept me around telling me she still loved me and was just confused, we acted like we were together still just without the titles. During that time she was seeing another guy and telling him she loved him but that was quickly dismissed as a "rebound" and never went anywhere. So we kept in contact, her still telling me things and keeping me around. Then things started to take a turn, she became more and more distant and we stopped seeing each other, but she was still telling me she missed loved me and was confused. So one day she tells me shes going out on a date with a guy, this hurts me and I start rambling on about me and her and everything she's been saying. Few weeks after that they start dating, and during the time while they were dating she would still contact me and tell me all the things posted above, she even called me up one night telling she wanted to come back and make things right. Of course that never happened.

So, they broke up a month ago (I had no idea as I had stopped checking her Facebook at that point) she calls me and we talk a bit, then she starts telling me about how much stuff she has planned for the holidays and how busy she will be(schoolies, going to a "friends" beach house, work, studying, partys) I just kinda went along with it and that was the end of that conversation. Few days after that she called up and asked me to hang out, go to her place and watch a movie. I told her I couldn't as I was busy and so that was that. THEN a few days ago she calls again, telling me AGAIN all the stuff she has planned for the holidays and she also said, and I quote "I really want you to see me in my Graduation dress, everyone else has seen it and doesn't feel right without you seeing it, do you think you can go on Skype?) I simply told her I'd lost my password, truth be told though I didn't want her flaunting herself at me while I tell her how great she looks and give her an ego boost. And now we haven't talked since then (about 3-4 days) we left on "decent" terms, and I decided that with it being 7-8 months and no progress towards any reconciliation, it be best I deleted her off Facebook (Kinda no contact thingy, as we usually get in contact on there) but now I'm starting to feel a bit iffy about it. Did I do the right thing? Is it to late for her to come back? Did I leave it to late?

Additional info

Basically the whole time I've been begging/pleading and prestenting case after case why we should get back together and why it'll work out. Countless emails, letters and gestures. I've poured everything I've got into this (because I thought she wanted it) only to get nothing in return. I feel used and now shes rubbing in how much fun shes having without me. She has never apoligsed or even tried to make things right. Sorry if parts are a little confusing, I'm a little tired.

Telling your loved one and seeming seperate is usually a first reaction when you lose a loved one. It is hard to stop those feelings of loneliness and helplessness when they are uncontrollable feelings. This is a bad thing to do though and shows your weakness which they know they can use against you. I would not say this is over yet as you two seem to have this pattern. I would stick it out a few more days. If then nothing happens then start to move on.

• Author

Thank you for the replies.

Yeah I'd say there is a pattern, and its been happening for 2-3 months now and I'm treading the same old ground. Here is how it goes

>I decide to not contact her.

>Sometimes I do, sometimes its her that contacts me, either way we start speaking again

>She'll tell me something that puts (false) hope in my mind.

>I believe it and start working out ways on how to go about it.

>She then ignores me for a couple days to a week

>When we do get in contact, she acts like she never said anything like that and tells mw how much fun shes been having and the guys shes met.

I don't feel bad for trying, its a natural reaction. Just that I held on for so long and allowed myself to be used and lied to that I now feel I've lost that "power" element. I guess I'll just take one day at a time and do my best to keep my mind off it, I know NC is suppose to be used as time pull yourself together, but I can't get what's happened and how much I miss her out of my mind, Its really damaging and I can't concentrate on the things I used to enjoy without thinking she would make them all the more fun.