trying to get my ex-gf back

You can do absolutely nothing. How would you feel if she came back tomorrow? Pretty awkward I bet. I don't know about your story and it won't matter so what you can do now is sit feel the pain and ride it out. Let her miss you and feel what its like to not have you in her life anymore but that may not be enough for her to come back and trust me when I say that. You need to not contact her and try and forget/distract yourself from her for a while. It is the best thing for you. Go to the gym or run everyday, I bet it would be sweet if you looked ****ing ripped if you run into her.

• Author
00sports00

I am a bodybuilder, so being ripped ive accomplished haha ... but she tells me every so often that she loves me, and she called last week to hang out and we did, felt great, we kissed and everything, and comforted each other ... No idea what to do, I feel as though she just wants the summer to her self and may want me there for comfort? ... I tried the no contact one time and it did work, she started getting mad I wasn't responding, and then she called me and also wanted to hang out with me.

Ultrasonic

It sounds as thought she already wants you back. If she tells you she loves you and invites you to hang out; maybe you should bring up that you "miss us" and leave her with that thought when the hang out session is over.

What you don't want to do is comfort her about the break up. That will basically make it easier for her to move on; because at the end there won't be any guilty feelings.

Though, hearing more of your story, would be a better insight.

• Author
00sports00

ultrasonic thank you for responding, here is a more in depth story of how everything happened:

My girlfriend and I dated for 8 months, and it was an amazing time, we were very happy and I treated her with all my heart, her family is amazing and her and I just clicked ... During the last month we were dating (Mid April) I found out one night she was flirting with some guy at a bar, and some people said they hooked up others just said they were certain they just flirted .. I tried letting it go but i couldn't and a week later we got into a big fight and I said to her I don't know if i can do this anymore, and I wanted to continue and say to her I don"t know if i can do this anymore as in her partying as much and if she could take it down a little, but she took it as I was completely breaking up with her and the next couple days i tried asking if we could talk but she said she couldn't because it was too hard for her. eventually we talked and she said she needs time and space to think and what have you ... To this day we still talk, there were times after the break up she would still say babe and i love you and eventually it hurt too much and i told her the relationship talk couldn't go on anymore, and she was alittle shocked I said that .. Now, this past week we hung out together and it was amazing, brought back the feelings like how we were dating (this is about the time she called me to hang out) We kissed goodbye and she told me it's just really hard for her (don't know what she means).. she does text me still and we talk, AND she told me she loved me a couple days ago ... I am deeply in love with this girl and I want to ask her for a second chance, i don't know what to do, I really need help.

Ultrasonic

How long before the 8 months did you know each other? Also did you party a lot together or club or whatever else before getting together, and even while first starting off?

The way you start off a relationship tends to have a huge effect on how your partner perceives the relationship. If partying and clubs was normal; you suddenly wanting to tone it down, may be a huge change to them, something they weren't expecting.

However, from what you've shared, it sounds like she is actively trying to get you back. What you need to do; is to sit back, relax; and think clearly. Do you want her back because you love her. Or do you want her back, because maybe you're still hurt and simply want her back?

If you decide it's for love; then I suggest you be subtle; don't simply blurt out "hey lets get back together". Ease into it, or like I said, bring up missing how you were together; bring up only good memories from your relationship. It seems you're already doing well with your meet ups; whenever they're over, you're leaving her with only wanting to quickly hang out again. Which means she goes home thinking about you; goes to sleep thinking about you, and may even wake up doing the same.

• Author
00sports00

We knew each other for about a month before we started dating ... we met a couple months before hand for a day when she visited the school I am going to, and she actually came to the school so we started hanging out and then a month later I asked her out .. I was always an advocate for her going out to bars and stuff, I wasn't as big on it, but i NEVER told her she couldn't go out, all i wanted was for her to call me when she got home to let me know she got in ok .. The only reason why I said that about bringing down the going out was because of the flirting she did that one time, it was just eating me inside and that's why i said it ... I definitely try and relax and sit back, I just think about her constantly .. I know she is going out still and having a good time, but she also does talk to me, say I love you and contact me first .. When we hung out last week it was like how it was when we dated ... I am not constantly texting her or trying to force anything on her, I just really would love her back ... I never intended to even remotely break up with her, the night before our argument i wrote a paper for her! .. I just believe that she wants to have her fun right now and not feel guilty about wanting to go out and having fun, IDK that's just me .. I don't try and overbear her with texts or calls either, usually I try and let her text me first, what do you think of this?

• Author
00sports00

and to answer your other question, I want to get back together with her because I truly do love her. I was such a happier person with her, and life to me was much more amazing