High School sweetheart and me

Daveysgurl

I'm so confused, first I suppose I should start by explaining whats going on. I'm 22 and My boyfriend/high school sweetheart and I just recently broke up. I was in a relationship with him on and off for about 6 years, I have dated so many other people during our break times while he was at college, and he told me it was hard for him to even look at another girl, he's never even had another girlfriend besides me. I feel horrible because I treated him so badly. It's hard for him to trust me now because I have so many guy friends. They're just friends, he says they want me in a romantic way but how can I be sure if its his jealousy or my friends? Its hard for me to see the difference sometimes. I can be easily taken advantage of.

I've told him that he's irreplaceable, but his trust gets in the way, he thinks I'm going to go out with every guy in town while we're broken up. We broke up in hopes that I would learn to do the right thing in a relationship. I've never loved anyone as much as I love him. I'm still a little rusty on relationship morals. He said he's going to take me back when I get better, but I don't feel like I can work on a relationship that I'm not in, I wish I could work things out with myself and be with him. If you have any advice on what a girlfriend should never do to a boyfriend, or how to gain trust please tell me.

I have stopped hanging out with my guy friends. Do you think that me staying away from my guy friends will prove to him that I only care about him? I'm so confused I'm driving my self crazy. I want my love back.

Well, I had a girl in high school that was my sweet heart. And she broke it off, and I could not cope with it. And for 6 years I could not look at a other girl and still to this day I cant. Im suffering from depression and social anxiety, but I'm getting help and taking meds some of my problems have to do with her. All the this she wrote in my yearbook looks and sounds like she would be with me forever. Know both her and I live in the same state but different city. I know she knows how I feel about her. But i cant say anything right now becuase the state that I'm in and I dont want her to feel like its her fault, so when Im better Im going to tell her how I feel. She has alot of guy friends too and not alot of girlfriends. You sound kind of like her. She cant hold a relationship she seems to go from guy to guy!

What I would say about you and advice is! You can have guy friends but he cant be jelious and you cant provoke your friends and make them think that you have feelings. If you love him and he loves you go for it but take your time your young and so im I 22, but anywaysif you love eachother go for it. If you cant hold a relationship then you need to work on things for yourself, if you cant then kiss it goodbye and your going to have to wait and find yourself down the road and your boyfriend or friend cant wait long becuase he not going to wait around. I have for 6 years too long. I'm giving up on her I'M NOT WAITING AROUND FOR HER. She is awesome, but she needs to tell me if she feeling for me if she does hell yeah Im going back but not right now im missing out on alot of things!............If you like him and love him go for it work out your problems. Love is a beautiful thing if you want it go for it! I hope everything works out for you!

• Author

Wow it almost seems as though we are living the same life, my boyfriend sounds exactly like you. he is depressed and suffers from anxiety. and from what you explained about your highschool sweetheart she sounds like me. I appreciate your advice it seems like it will be helpful since we're practically living a parallel universe type scenario. Im trying not to call him he told me not to, should I wait a while to call him or should I wait for him to come back? sorry about all the questions.

I dont know If you really love him and cant stand him being with anyone else. Yeah call him! If he is suffering the same thing as me is he seeing a doctor if not I would call him and recommend that be by his side on this I wish I had a girl to comfort me through this. I f you love him call him!