reconciling after a long-term seperation?

What are the chances of married couples reconcilling after a long-term seperation? My wife and I are seperating (I have a thread about it over on the seperation/divorce page) and I'm still holding out hope of a future reconcilliation, but I also need to know when it may be time to accept that we wont be together anymore and move on with my life and start seeing other people.

I've heard of married couples who had been seperated for several months getting back together, but has anyone heard of longer stretch seperations being reconciled?

My boss and his wife. This is funny though what actually happened. She was married to Scott and got divorced. She then married Paul and they later divorced. She then remarried Scott and later they divorced. After about 3 years or so guess what happened??? Her and Paul remarried and have been now for about 6 years I think.

I don't know too much about her and Scott. I do know that her and Paul during the course of their seperation became friends-well put it this way he was just really good at making sure her and the kids were taken care of after she went back to Scott. Paul had moved on with his life in the meantime and really embraced his single life..but fate I guess got them back togther.

Haha she's been married 4 times to two men. So I've seen it happen

looking to future

my neighbor divorced with her husband 4 years ago. The last year they have reconciled and went from dating and seeing each other to moving in together. they are looking at marriage next year.