Reconnecting again?

drjones5225

Hello all,

I could use some advice about a ex I have come into recontact after 7 years. With out going into too much detail the break up was on my part due to her moving and I was young and dumb and got scared and listened to some bad advice at that point of time and did try to fix things shortly after but it got unfortunately nasty on her part...which is totally understandable. Well I haven't forgot her and part of me always wondered about her over the years and was to nervous to say something. I contacted her over the summer on facebook and we talked a bit on there and over the phone which went well and we talked about hanging out again where she would stop by. There were a few texts here and there and the contact stopped for a lil bit as I was getting out of a bad relationship.

A few weeks ago i was at a place where we used to hang and sent her a message on facebook where it once again ended with us making plans to hangout soon.

I haven't hanged with her in years just phone conversation/ facebook so I don't know if we can hit it off again but i have always had my what ifs with her as we were each others first loves.

What exactly should I do? I want to call her and set something up but I am nervous that I will get burnt.

What should I do? I always wanted to see her again but been such a wuss.

You've had some contact before meeting up so it's not as if you are seeing her "cold" after all these years.

Nonetheless, when you do meet, treat it as though you're meeting a new person. Getting to know each other afresh.

As the others have said just act normal and natural. Don't talk about the old relationship, just meet up and see if you fall in love again.

i made a mess

If you do plan to meet up, you're going to need to remember that you are both completely different people then you were then. Don't go expecting to see the girl you were in love with in high school. You're going to have to get to know this person all over again. So many things happen over the course of 7 years that can really change who a person is.

Go into it expecting nothing...you don't want to set yourself up for disappointment. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen, no use in worrying about something that is out of your control anyway. Are you in a place to accept just being friends? You mentioned you don't want to get burnt...are you ok with the possibility of this being a one time hangout to catch up and then going your seperate ways again, or the possibility that she may just want to be friends?

These may be questions to ask yourself before you meet up so you can go into it with a clear head.

Good luck!!