Suddenly says hello

So I dated a guy for 3 years... and I broke up with him. I immediately regretted it but he ignored me and I didn't hear from him ever again... until now.

He has been on my mind the entire time we have been broken up. I wanted so badly to hear from him but he never wrote to me.

I went through the months and dated others, etc and I finally started to cope with the fact that I wouldn't hear from him again and then the other day, he said hello.

I am dating a guy now, and I did tell him I heard from my ex and he appreciates my honesty.

So now I'm forced to think about what I am going to do. I dont want to be disrespectful to the guy Im dating, so I informed him of the contact... but I cant help but wonder why he suddenly wrote to me. The first thing said being that he was sorry he hadn't talked to me in so long.

I am going to approach this as it not meaning anything, but I don't know what to do or say...

oh, yes, to top it all off, his mom had contacted me too telling me I was on her mind lately. Double whammy!

Well first things first,

1) How old are you both?

2) How long have you been with your current man

3) What feelings do you have toward your ex?

4) How far apart were your ex and his mothers contacts to you?

• Author
Well first things first,

1) How old are you both?

2) How long have you been with your current man

3) What feelings do you have toward your ex?

4) How far apart were your ex and his mothers contacts to you?

1. 25 and 27

2. 5 months -ish - Ive been taking it VERY slow

3. Im not sure, Ive tried to bury most of them. I thought we would always be together but emotional immaturity got the best of us. I didnt know what else to do but leave :/

4. Hmm, I think she has said hi 3 times maybe... everytime she tells me how much she misses me and will always have a love for me.

How long ago did you guys break up? and how long were you in no contact?

I think you need to figure out your feelings. Figure out what YOUR looking for from this person. Whether it be romantically or just a friendship and more importantly figure out what this guy wants. Maybe he just wants to catch up. However, it does seem a bit odd he got his mother involved.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

• Author

We broke up over a year ago and have been in no contact the entire time.

I am having a tough time deciding what is best for me. Ugh. Men. Its like they have a implanted radar that tells them when you are getting over it.. and then wham! they contact you.

• Author

So I realized that this is bugging me a lot more than I thought it would.

I caught myself frequently updating my email inbox today. Im not sure why I am doing this. Part of me feels like the rewind button should never be pushed... but another part of me, wants him to admit that he was wrong and wants me back. :(

Best advice we can give...don't overthink it (I know it's crazy hard), but you've been really strong in a year NC, so give it couple more days to develop. That's what I would do, and to be honest it's all you really can do at this point, esp if you still have feelings.