Ex broke no contact after 4 months!

terminalmoraine

terminalmoraine

My ex (hes 22) and I (I'm 19) we were together for 8-9 months.

He was my first serious boyfriend and he meant everything to me. We argued a lot mostly my fault I can be quite confrontational. He dumped me right in the middle of my Uni exams saying that he didn't love me as much as I loved him and that I deserve someone who makes me happy. I went through hell. I thought he was my soulmate.

We had no contact from that night in May until now. Never even text him or called him once and I deleted him off my social networking sites.

He text me last Friday after 4 months in the afternoon (so he wouldn't have been drinking) all it said was "Hey x x"

I just dont understand why he would get back in touch after so much time has passed and only say "Hey x x" I am too scared to reply, I still love him but the thought of feeling that pain again is too much.

Any ideas or advice on this situation would be appreciated :)

Billie The Puppet

A simple hey is just checking in, you could reply with

I'm sorry who is this? pretending like you don't know the number anymore it may make your ex worry about why he is forgotten.

Or You could also stick to NC and not reply.

Hey is not enough to break contact in my opinion, unless you are emotionally ready for just a normal conversation. Sure it could be just the ice breaker on his behalf and he may want to lead it into a reconciliation call/meetup etc as it is after 4 months.

Really it's 50-50 it is the contact you want or it isn't but you should prepare yourself for it isn't .

• Author
terminalmoraine

Yeah thats why I haven't replied

If it had been more like how are you? or even an apology I would have

I don't want to come across bitter to him but if its just a booty call hes after I couldn't deal with that

I just expected never to hear from him again so its taken me by surprise, I feel like he only said "Hey" because hes testing the waters to see if I'm still thinking of him

Cheers yeah dont want to build false hope it probably means very little