Did I push too far? I really love her and want her back

confusedhurtdude

confusedhurtdude

My ex and I officially broke up three weeks ago. We broke up because of an incident she got herself into at a party one night after we had been fighting that previous day. She didn't cheat, but she kissed a guy, and nearly got herself into a bad situation. I freaked out, and we broke up, and were fighting for a week pretty harshly.

We haven't stopped communication officially yet, and I know that was my first mistake, and we have been fighting on and off constantly. We have been back to good with her saying she misses me, and then rock bottom, and then back to good, and now I think I have hit rock bottom for the last time. The course of the last week has gone like this:

Last Saturday: We were doing great, and she was saying how she wanted to see me really bad and loves me still.

Sunday, we fought because I got jealous of all of the numerous guys she has been talking to since our breakup. She hasn't had sex with any of them, but she is just wanting attention, and I'm getting jealous. One of these guys had been calling her every night, and she admitted they were flirting..I exchanged some nasty words, and it has gone downhill since.

Monday: We didn't talk

Tuesday: I apologized, but for some reason was still not able to give her space like I should have.

Wednesday: This is the bad day...We had a deep conversation this day followed by more fighting and harsh words said by jealous me...That night she randomly started talking to some guy on Facebook that added her that same night, whom she had never met. She talked to him all night, and then went and hung out with him for many hours, dipping out on our conversation.

Thursday: She hung out with this guy AGAIN, going to a movie with him. I know too much, and she admitted to me that they kissed...and not just a single kiss..

Friday: We talked, and she was telling me to just get over it, give her space, and that she is just looking for a friend with this guy. I told her I don't believe it, and that she is hurting me, and I in turn hurt her with some stupid words. Made her cry, I'm not going to lie...

Saturday: I typed out a DEEP apology letter to her, and after reading it she called me on the phone crying, but saying how we can never even be friends again because of the way things had gone the last few days, and that she never wants to talk to me again. That night we didn't talk, but I noticed on her Twitter that she was hanging out with this guy AGAIN.

Today: I asked her what she did last night, and she got pissed and turned her phone off ignoring me...So when she finally did talk to me, of course I assumed the worst about the night, as well I should have, and was a dick to her. She told me they watched a movie, they made out, flirted a lot, she got on top of him, but no sex ever happened. I guess they just stopped, because she didn't feel right...But, she stayed the night at this guy's house...A guy she met on the internet no more than a few days earlier...

After she told me all of this, I said some things that lead to us both saying how we never want to talk to eachother again, and she will never forgive me, and I told her how I will never respect her again. She says she is completely over me and is moving on. I don't believe it, but I feel like I have lost touch with her almost completely now, and she is filling the void with this guy.

Anyways, I KNOW I need to stop caring, and looking at her twitter, but she has posted up how she is hanging out with this guy AGAIN!! So they are hanging out for the 4th time in 5 days. The guy made a comment "I told her we are gonna move forward and forget the last and her past" She replied, "AWW that's so sweeet!"

So, they've known eachother less than a week, and they are already acting cute together, and acting as if they're going to start a relationship. Even though she told the guy she just wanted to be friends, and told me that's what she wanted...

I know this was a long story, but I am desperate...I really really do love this girl. We have been officially together for about 8 months, but were best friends before that, and we met during a time in our lives with a lot of change. We share ALOT of good memories together, and never fought before 3 weeks ago. But, now I feel like I've lost touch with her completely. It makes me sick to watch her be happy with some other guy, especially one she has known for 5 days.

What do I do? Is it over for good? I feel like I pushed WAY too far... :(

Edited by confusedhurtdude

Tough one mate.

You gotta try and let go - go No Contact as it really helps and allegedly works if you want her back. Well my ex rang me within a week of us going NC so there may be hope.

The other similarity between our situations is that our exes have moved on. I managed to tell mine how I feel and she's now reconsidering but might want him instead. Yet she's friends with (and has slept at least once with) another fella within this week. As idiotic as it is I want to give it another go. But as DIV said on another thread:

"Why make someone a priority in your life, if they only make you an option?"

That's very very true. All you can do is give her space and hope she realizes what she's lost. In the mean time be good to yourself and try not to think about her.