Ex striking up convos on breakup day 3. What gives?

Ok so for the past few days I haven't initiated any contact... not even once. I've had some good moments and of course some bad downs.... He has been initiating contact with me every day. For the first couple days it was just a few random "What u doing?" and "How was ur day?" texts. Now today he's clearly opening up more and looking like he's attmpting to start conversations with me. Today he messaged me to ask what I was doing.... then he told me about his day, talked about the weather, and then mentioned he had just accidently eaten calamari. And believe it or not... I just realized that today is the first day in a very long time that he actually used an exclamation point in one of his messages.... lol. What gives?????????? Is he still interested or am I being severely friendzoned? Pretty sure he still has feelings for me... This is only day 3 of us being broken up. I guess it's possible that I've really thrown him off... Because for the past couple days I've acted really cheerful whenever he's contacted me, and he isn't used to me not initiating any messages, plus I've made sure to be busy getting involved with different things. Hmmm...

Edited by kimflute26

Why did you guys break up?

It sounds like maybe he's missing you, and the more time that goes by, the more he's realizing this--especially if you've been very distant with him. Men can't seem to stand it when the women they care about won't give them the time of day.

Men fascinate me. It seems like the more attention we give them, the less they want us. And the less attention we give them the more they want us...

• Author

Haha I hear you Austen.... they fascinate me as well! Today I woke up to a facebook message from him which said "I likes ur profile pic :)". Interesting that he took the time to send it in a facebook message instead of firing it off in a text. Also, you can only send someone a facebook messag by clicking on their profile.... so I know he's keeping tabs on me, especially since I'm not initiating any contact!

Anyway, the core reasons to why he broke up with me are that I was worrying too much about where the relationship was going, over-analyzing normal things, and basically just being too needy and clingy. Ever since the breakup I realize EXACTLY what my mistakes were and am 100% sure I'd never make them again. I think he might be a bit confused right now because the way I'm acting NOW is surely the way he wouldve wanted me to act when we were together. I'm not moping around... I'm actually getting out doing things. I'm not initiating contact which is something I was doing more than him at the end of the R, and I'm basically just doing my own thing and taking a lighter attitude toward life. :)

Edited by kimflute26
Why did you guys break up?

It sounds like maybe he's missing you, and the more time that goes by, the more he's realizing this--especially if you've been very distant with him. Men can't seem to stand it when the women they care about won't give them the time of day.

Men fascinate me. It seems like the more attention we give them, the less they want us. And the less attention we give them the more they want us...

This isn't gender specific, it goes both ways.

Using NC to get back an ex is an example of this

Bad Boys

Mean girls

If you love someone set them free

Distance makes the heart grow fonder

Learning to walk the line between too much attention and not enough is the cornerstone of a successful LTR. Although, most people never realize this or simply stumble across it as a natural part of their personality.