did you ex's ever came back to you? any stories out there?

kristinabopp

Im just curious, if you wanna read my thread just go ahead and read it *but its a long one, hope you have time to read it*

-Did you exes ever come back to reconcile with you?

-Did you do NC after you guys broke up?

-How many months did you wait and suffer from the break up before they realized they want you and no one else?

-Any success stories out there?

i know one success story, my friend waited for 2 years until her ex came back.

Im just curious. :( i just miss my ex so much and im still really cant get over him its been almost 3-4weeks of NC. eventhough the day he broke up, i still kept messaging him a lil bit. i stopped leaving him a message since new years. after that i did NC. until now im still depressed and crying about what happened to me and him.*i didnt expect that this is goin to happen coz he told me he will never ever leave me.* he broke up with me on yahoo messenger since i came back here in california. we lived together and been dating for 1year and 2months. :mad::(:(:(:( how can you throw away a relationship like that fast? i love him so much. i was his first gf and he was my first bf. we were each others first in everything.

well, you will know every detail when you read my thread.

Yes there are plenty but dont look for hope in them. I learned the hard way that every story is unique and even though some people get back together, you have to accept that your ex might not come back. I now regret reading all those success stories, they gave me false hopes and delayed my healing.

• Author

MIK12. dont worry.*i doubt it that my ex will come back, because his priority is his family not me. its hard that i gave everything to him and did all the sacrifices but here i am alone and depressed* i just like reading all the stories either GOOD or BAD i just want my mind to be open eventhough I KNOW DEEP INSIDE THAT HE WILL NEVER EVER COME BACK TO ME.idk i just have a feeling that hes not coming back.

whats your story? did your ex came back to you?

People get back together everyday and sometimes they don't, but you are not going to find that many here simply because if and when they get them back they are not going to have to come back here and post because they are to busy with their S/O...... Your best bet is to focus on yourself and try to relax ( I know easier said) I have read here that most of the time if dumpers come back is when you have moved on.... keep that in mind ..... and I can say thats true because I dumped my ex girlfriend and tried to get her back two days later.... six months later and I am still trying to UNF**K myself and rectify the situation.... Good Luck

There was really only one time an ex came back to me.

The relationship was flawed to begin with, but it eventually fell through. We didn't talk much at all, but we eventually ran into each other at a hotel party about eight months later. One thing lead to another and we were back into the same old routine/relationship until the exact same problems occurred.

I'd be weary of reuniting with a former ex. Especially after only a few weeks. Don't be that couple. :]

(Long Term - Serious RS) The last girl I dumped... for some really screwy reasons... I did no contact... blocked her and the whole 9 yards. I honestly, sincerely thought she didn't care about me... apparently... it was killing her that I threw her out of my life after she hurt me so badly... but yeah, did the NC thing... and finally went back to her after 7 months to reconcile. We're really good friends now.. she even says 'soul-mates'... ::shudder::

(Long Term - Serious RS) The last girl who dumped me... was for religious reasons... and a REALLY big argument... oh boy. Didn't go down well... we broke up... NC for a week. I texted her asking for forgiveness... she needed more time... I gave it. She contacted me... tried the friends thing (her idea)... lasted one night... she teased me as if we were together.. I said **** no and walked home. I still loved her. She didn't know that at the time... heh. I established NC. Finally... 1 year and 3 months later (2 years ago now..) she contacted me... we're not CLOSE anymore... but we do keep in touch. She told me she was afraid to lose me in her life... which was cool.

My last breakup (see my ****ed up story ie a long read - it's a real ****show)... then she dumped me. I am still hurt over it, but for the WRONG reasons. It was a 4.5 month relationship. I am never going back to her and I honestly don't see her coming back to me... ever.

...those are my last 3 RS's.... 2 LT, 1 ST. Before that.. I had 2 more ST. I don't consider my last RS (me being dumpee) an RS. I was the 4.5 month rebound :mad:

DenverBachelor

Oh sure ....

My first true love ... We broke up and got back together after two years. We were much stronger the second time around. Broke up again after she messed around with my best friend the second time. Got back together for a third time for six months. I remember sitting in her bedroom and making moves on her and she said, "you really want to have sex with me?" I was young and stupid. She was seeing someone from Scotland at the time and eventually married him.

Met a girl in 2001 and we had a very intense sexual bond. We broke up and got back together after 4-5 months. Had a lot more great sex and I finally was too much of an ******* and ran that relationship into the ground.

Dating an amazing girl in New York City. We broke up around three times and got back together. Every time I called her she would profess things like, "You're too addicting to me! Every time I feel like I'm over you and you call, I want you again." It went back and forth ... back and forth ....

My most recent ex -- we were best friends for seven years. It got extremely ugly and she basically lied outright saying things like I tried to break into her apartment. She got a restraining order on me. The first time I've ever seen that in my life. It ended on an extremely bad note -- but I'm extremely happy she's out of my life. She was just a mess and really evil and didn't give a **** about anything except herself. Worst girlfriend I've ever had hands down.

So yes, it has happened to me over and over. But my most recent ex was definitely the most bitchy and evil and I had to re-evaluate how I landed myself in a long-term relationship with such a person. That was my fault. My bad.

Life is good, though. You live and learn. You take the good and grow from it -- but you also learn from the bad and learn what to avoid. I thought my ex was the most amazing woman I've ever met but after the fact, I learned she was the most acidic and dark hearted woman I've ever known.

So life teaches you amazing lessons if you're willing to learn.

• Author

SHEITHAPPENS! i know, i noticed too that they come back when you least expect it. but thanks!

Yeah, I had an ex-fiancée try and come back once. I won't bore you with the details, but the short of it was this: she discovered that the guy she left me for wasn't quite as advertised (she wanted a "bad boy" - she got a drug dealing, abusive punk of a man. A true bad boy!). She realized that she made a bad decision and wanted me to come in and save her and her kid (who was conceived two weeks after she left me for him) from this guy, but I wasn't interested.

She lost all of the spark and ambition that I fell in love with, while I, on the other hand, started riding and partying and had stories about crazy parties and wild rides. I mean, play Iggy Pop's Lust for Life with the volume at 11 - that's how I felt. Life was good for me and I wasn't interested in giving it all up to be the white knight to the girl who did more than just break my heart - she completely crushed it.

It was cathartic for me, though. She was always "the one that got away", and getting to see her again and seeing that she wasn't who I fell in love with anymore only confirmed that things really did work out for the best. After that, I stopped wondering "what if...".

Last I heard, she moved up north and married some guy.

• Author

Bananaboat!i know your story, ive been seeing you around here in LS since i joined here.

wow you have a very crazy love roller coaster ride there. im glad your still surviving everything. *depression,anxiety blablabla*. i dont even know how to survive everyday without my ex, but im glad im still alive. haha. my ex was my 1st love/1st boyfriend the same to him as well. were in a Long term RS. but he threw it away. so i have no choice but to stay NC since i dont even know how to communicate w/ him. im in NO PLACE to contact him first, plus he told me not to contact him so id rather do that.

IF HE EVER COME BACK TO ME, well, he needs to beg/plead/whatever you think he needs to do just to get me back. he hurt me BIG TIME and left me in the middle of all my problems while he promised me that he will help me. i swear i WILL NEVER BELIEVE IN *FOREVER* ANYMORE. but oh well, i learned my lesson. :)

but im proud of you, its like your story is making me strong together with other people here in ls who are surviving and going through this painful feelings.

• Author

Denver.

im actually jealous because you get the chance to get back at them. because for me i dont believe in *ex back together again* coz idk. maybe because i havent experience it yet. or maybe because i feel like my ex is never going to come back with me ever again. i just feel like he really isnt coming back. he is my true love and my everything, we were bestfriends/my husband to be/sexmate/soulmate everything! but it makes me so angry that he left me out of the blue. sometimes, i feel like, *i wish he get his KARMA*. but thats bad. haha i just laugh myself whenever i think of that. but from now, im just going to focus on college college college to make me not think of him. but thanks for your story!

• Author

johnyblaze.

ouch, i feel you. i mean my left ex me for *i have no clue reason*. but i felt what you mean by her crushing your heart. my heart is now PARANOID and i feel soooo hurt until now because of what happened, i think this painful feeling that im goin through right now is not gona go away. if it does maybe itll take forever!. i dont even want to be in a relationship anymore, unless its him. i want nobody but him.

The *WHAT IF'S i have in my mind right now are all negative* so i doubt that hell ever contact me again. im kinda like a negative thinker, everything i think about is full of negative like ie: what if he didnt really wna be with me anymore, what if he find a new girl, what if his family told him to dont contact me anymore, what if his sister told him to do this and that and everything! i know he is too loyal to his family eventhough he knows how they treat me when i was living in there house. he realized that one day but then he still choose them. im not mad about that, im mad because he promised me a lot of things, beg me not to leave him the day before he broke up and asked me many times to marry him and then the next day he broke up. he even told me to EXPECT THAT and TRUST ME. and i did. but in the end, i end up losing and i feel like a total loser for believing that stupid son of a GUN!!! but oh well, i really love him, and he knows i always forgive him. <3

but seriously, i believe you did a good choice and SHE did the bad choice of dumping you because when she dumped you, that means she just lost the guy who is there for her and love her. its her karma that you didnt help her. shes probably regreting everything she did to ya.

-Did you exes ever come back to reconcile with you?

My ex just recently told me he loved me and wanted me back tonight. I told him I was still in love with him about a week ago and basically after not hearing from him for a week I gave up and finally decided to move on once and for all. Then today out of the blue he tells me he wants to fly me up to see him so we can at least talk. I'm in shock again... but we'll see how things go this time. If he's really over the past then I'm 99% sure we can make it, if not then I'm 99% this will fail again.

-Did you do NC after you guys broke up?

Yes

-How many months did you wait and suffer from the break up before they realized they want you and no one else?

I waited about 4 months till I couldn't take it anymore and I broke NC.

-Any success stories out there?

I'm hoping this will be one, but with my ex, there's no telling how this will go.

Don't know if you could call them success stories, but here's what has happened with me with exes coming back. Was with a guy for a few months back when I was 16. He broke up with me via text, and I remember thinking if that is how little he thought of me, f him! So I went complete NC. 2 years later he got my number off a friend, texted me stanging how much of an idiot he was letting me go bla bla bla. We met up and got back together. It only lasted about 9 months or so, and then I got with most recent ex.

We were together 2 years when I ended it, I wasn't happy. We didn't do NC but LC. We started hanging out more and just relaxed into a relationship again over the coruse of 2 months - BAD idea, as none of the real issues got discussed and fixed.

Cut to the end of October last year, he leaves me for someone else. Have gone completely NC and some days I'm good, others like today very depressed and missing him and dealing with the betrayal.

I think what both of these breakups told me is, don't go back. So even if my ex does come crawling back (which I very much doubt) I'll be strong and tell him no, otherwise I'll be preventing myself from true happiness in the future.

yep..and I've been regretting the hell out of giving her another shot. I am learning you shouldn't go backwards in life to someone who didn't think you were good enough at one time.

MySweetie'sGone

I have had an ex really come back once (& don't want him I just jerk him around). He was my bf for 7 months in highschool (5 years ago now) and broke up with me b/c "I dunno...I just don't feel the same." He came back a year later (I did complete No contact). Now he thinks we're destined to get married. Go figure.

I wish my most recent ex were the one saying these things ^^^ *sigh*

Edited by MySweetie'sGone
  • Like 1
I have had an ex really come back once (& don't want him I just jerk him around). He was my bf for 7 months in highschool (5 years ago now) and broke up with me b/c "I dunno...I just don't feel the same." He came back a year later (I did complete No contact). Now he thinks we're destined to get married. Go figure.

I wish my most recent ex were the one saying these things ^^^ *sigh*

Be Strong!

I feel oddly encouraged by your strength... it feeds my own to move forward with my life. Thank you MSG.

prayingshecomesback

Hey MSG! I was down there yesterday...ate lunch at some Taqueria at Terminus. Was pretty good! We should definately meet up.

On ex's...one time I was dating this girl for a little while when I told her it wouldnt work. So we stopped dating until I started to miss her. Tried to contact her but she ignored me. Made me want her more, but I thought she was over me so I stopped contacting her. Until I tried again and she finally gave in and we go on dates occasionally. FWB though.

MySweetie'sGone
Hey MSG! I was down there yesterday...ate lunch at some Taqueria at Terminus. Was pretty good! We should definately meet up.

On ex's...one time I was dating this girl for a little while when I told her it wouldnt work. So we stopped dating until I started to miss her. Tried to contact her but she ignored me. Made me want her more, but I thought she was over me so I stopped contacting her. Until I tried again and she finally gave in and we go on dates occasionally. FWB though.

That's funny...I actually went to Tavern on Phipps for lunch yesterday & thought of you! (all your fault! lol). Had a shrimp BLT (gosh I love shrimp:D).

BTW, how long did it take you to miss her after you called it off?

MySweetie'sGone
Be Strong!

I feel oddly encouraged by your strength... it feeds my own to move forward with my life. Thank you MSG.

Any time! ;) I need to draw strength from my own story too I guess...I just feel like I'm getting to old for this! lol. My ex from highschool is trying so hard to be there for me during this breakup (guess he sees it as an in) but all he succeeds in doing is annoying me! lol.

prayingshecomesback
That's funny...I actually went to Tavern on Phipps for lunch yesterday & thought of you! (all your fault! lol). Had a shrimp BLT (gosh I love shrimp:D).

BTW, how long did it take you to miss her after you called it off?

OK...next friday meet me at Tavern on Phipps for happy hour!

On that girl I was dating...I wasnt even in a serious relationship with her, just dating and it only took a couple weeks till I started to miss her. She was extremely clingy in the beginning which turned me off cause the thrill of the chase was gone. Then when I backed off big time she got the hint and stopped contacting me. So I went along my merry way and then about 1 month later I started wondering about her and bummed out she hasnt try to call me or contact me. So I sent her a text or two and she was playing extremely hard to get...which got me liking her more than ever. haha. Weird how our emotions work.

prayingshecomesback

I found out today my ex started a Twitter page a couple months ago. She knows I dont have facebook so I couldnt see what she posts...so in some weird way I think she created a Twitter page just so I could read her twitts and I will become jealous about awesome her life is. LOL. Not falling for it loser!!! I have LS posts to read!

Im convinced my ex wants to hurt me every way possible. She is one of those people who love to see people suffer.

MySweetie'sGone
I found out today my ex started a Twitter page a couple months ago. She knows I dont have facebook so I couldnt see what she posts...so in some weird way I think she created a Twitter page just so I could read her twitts and I will become jealous about awesome her life is. LOL. Not falling for it loser!!! I have LS posts to read!

Im convinced my ex wants to hurt me every way possible. She is one of those people who love to see people suffer.

Next Friday, eh? :) Lol. Isn't it horrible how our exes dont turn out to be the people we thought they were?

• Author

OMG! HIS SISTER SENT ME A FARMVILLE GIFT IN FACEBOOK! SHE HAVENT SENT ME A GIFT FOR A LONG TIME, BUT NOW SHE DID! I FELT HAPPY, COZ MY EX KNOWS THAT ME AND HER HATES EACH OTHER. I LIKE HER, SHE JUST TREATED ME BAD WHEN I WAS IN THERE HOUSE, BUT I LOVE HIS SISTER! IM LOOKING AT HER AS A BIG SISTER! I HOPE SHE KNOWS THAT! :( aah! i feel glad, hopefully she message me one day.. i will say sorry to her if she message me. but i dont think thats gonna happen.

i miss my ex too! damn it!

MSG: i know right? we thought our ex's were perfect. but in the end they were one of the most heartless person we can ever think. *coz they left us* lol

im glad there are successful stories in here, keep it coming! i really want to hear both sides even if its negative or positive! it makes me stronger and helping me to move on!