someone tell me i did the right thing.... or the wrong thing?

This is only my second post and my first was somewhat......well, not good.

I recently ended my relationship with someone after 16 months and i think i regret it. :-( but i dont know what else i could have done and i'm starting to feel so upset.

For a while now my girlfriend has gone through periods of "drifting away from me", this is the 4th time now, i mean hardly calling, not saying i miss u, or i love u and then after a while everythings fine. We don't get to c eachother as often as we would like outside of work ( we work together ), she says that after her previous 20 year marriage she doesn't feel like she can handle another family yet although she has met them all and thinks their great, and they think she is too.

But its the drifting away that kills me emotionally cos i absolutely adore her and she knows it.

I asked her if she loves me and she sais "i'm not sure if i love u enough", i lost it abit and said that she puts every restriction on our relationship, which she does, and that i can't go through the emotional turmoil her drifting does to me.

I said as far as i was concerned it was over and we both said bye.

But 6 hours later i got a trivial text reminding me of something with this at the end...... :-(xx. I said thankyou for reminding me, i was angry i think.

What does that mean? How do i make her realise that she can't keep doing this to me! At times were amazing together, then off emotionally she'll go and she sais she doesn't know why.

Should i txt her cos she knows what shes doing to me, or let her come to me.

Hope someone can help............Thankyou.

HHHHmmm sounds like she wants to tell you something but afraid to hurt your feelings. Has this new chick been with you since you ended you last relationship?

and the :(xx in my opinion means she sad or the situation is sad,with 2 kisses.

How long was you relationship prior to the co worker?

It's about all I think of to tell you right now,but I'm sorry your hearts being messed with,you 2 need to get together,and sit,and try to see if you can get some true feelings from her.

best wishes

• Author

Thanks Jade, i appreciate your thoughts.

So i text her yesterday, left my phone for 10 seconds and she called, but i missed it and called her back. She said she was praying that i wuld phone or txt cos she had bin missing me so much.

She said she loves me very much and missed me more than she thought she would.

I was determined that she would txt me first this morning and she did, her txts ended in have a good day, i called her and she could barely say i love u again.

So, did she mean wot she said yesterday, is she punishing me for dumping her for 24 hours. After the way i've bin treated i want her to show that i have a sense of worth to her.

Should i play it cool and not tell her i love her as often cos i tell her every single day.

Thanks.