hes engaged but I still love him!!

my problem is a little complicated and I know everyone will tell me to do the ethical thing and stay away but...

I'm still in love with my ex-boyfriend. when we broke up the last time we stopped speaking for 3 years. Last week he looked up my email address and got in touch with me. Totally unexpected of him!! I had been searching for his email before but to no avail. Anyways, he still doesn't know how I feel. Why you ask? He got engaged 2 months ago! I didn't know this when I was looking for him.

I gave him my number but he refused to call saying that hes now engaged and shouldn't be calling but he continues to email me everyday. He also mentioned he doesn't want his fiance to know we speak. I think the reason may be that (and I may be over analizing this) everytime we begin to speak on the phone or see each other, we end up getting back together. I still continue to talk to him and I really really want him back - even before I knew he was engaged. He said he deosn't want to stop talking to me because he still finds me very interesting. He has no idea how I feel and I have no intention of telling anytime soon.

I've done it all people. Gotten rid of every letter and gift he ever gotten me, cut communication for years but I still can't help but think of him. What do I do besides hoping and praying the engagement gets broken up. :)

if i were you, i'd let him know how i feel and ask him to decide there and then - either he keeps his engagement & never contacts you or hears from you again, or he breaks off the engagement and goes for you.

might be the unethical thing to do, and i'm not 100% sure i'd do it, but i think i would... partially because if he's secretly talking to an ex behind the fiancee's back, it can't be that good of a relationship between them.

-yes