Long Distance, mixed signals,seeing each other again

First of all, I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks since my ex broke up with me, and everyone on here is great. This website really provides a lot of support.

Anyway, my ex broke up with me about three weeks ago. We had been doing long distance, as we go to different colleges. Our relationship was short term compared to many of those on these forums, and I know we're young but regardless this still hurts and I need some help. For much of our relationship, everything was great and I have no doubt that we both loved each other. However, in the couple weeks before our break up, my ex seemed distant and she would be hot and then cold with me. Then, I went to visit her a few weeks ago. Something was clearly wrong. When I asked her about it, she told me she didn't feel the same anymore, the distance is too hard - we're done. Great, glad I spent $300 to go visit her. :mad:

So since then, its been pretty limited contact. I texted her once -drunk- saying that I miss her. She responded a couple days later that she misses me too. I didnt answer that as I've been trying to do NC. But, we spoke again a few days ago, and she said that its been hard for her to get over her feelings for me, as well as that she still cares about me and hasn't forgotten what we had. I have told her that I still care but I haven't pushed anything about trying again.

So on to the second chance part. We will be home next week for thanksgiving and will inevitably see each other. We have all mutual friends, and we're on decent enough terms that we can handle being around each other. I'm looking for advice on how to handle seeing her again. I want her back, and the things she has said to me makes me think that the door is open. But then I also feel that she's just throwing me breadcrumbs to keep me holding on. I dont know. Do I just try to talk to her in person and be honest about how I feel, or see if she takes any initiative? I don't think I can move on without giving it one more shot in person. Thanks for any help. Sorry this was so long :o