What to do?!

Ok, me and my gf broke up two weeks ago and everything was going good for me. Then yesterday she came into work and asked if I could come over, cause she has my stuff that I asked back from her. So I agreed to pick it up after work. When I got over there she gave me my stuff then there was an akward silence. She looked at me confused but with a slight smile and said to call her sometime to do something. So later that night after alot of thinking I called her and I asked her back to my prom. She still hadn't returned the dress and she said she would go with me. I still really like her and I wanna try to win her heart back at Prom. I don't know if I'm being stupid or what. Should I really bring her to prom, because I told her twice no since we broke up but it finally hit me I still like her. And I wanna try to win her back. Am I being stupid? Should I even try to win her heart back or just forget it. Because deep inside I really like her and I don't know if she knows it. I might have lost all respect for her because she cheated on me once. But She is slowly winning it back for me. I still however care deeply about her and there is a part of me that still is in love with her. What should I do? :confused:

Continue with plans to take her to the prom if you feel she can be depended upon and won't back out on you at the last minute. Forget winning her back at the prom or at any other time. If she cheated on you once, she'll do it again. Besides, I have the impression that she's pretty young and it's not likely she's ready to settle down in a long relationship.

Enjoy the prom and be on the lookout for some more mature ladies.

I agree with Tony, that you should continue your plans with taking this lady to the prom. After all prom is a very memorable experience. My prom was 6 years ago and I still remember who I went with and everything about it. As for trying to win her back. I would not concentrate on that aspect of the evening. I would not say that once someone cheats that they are always going to be a cheater. Everyone makes mistakes, there is no soul that is perfect. However, the thought that will remain is trust. Will you ever wonder if she is with someone else or doing something that "should not" be done? It is easy to say that you have gotten over it, but you need to think if you truely have or it will arise without you ever even knowing it and the aftermath will be rather hostile. Back to prom night. Make it important to you doing this it more n likely will also be important to her. One question though - is she a Sr also or younger? Lastly, don't put to much pressure on prom night or you will not be able to have any fun. Oh, make sure you think clearly! ;)

Hope this helps.

LilyAnn

• Author

shes a sr, my age too, but thanks for the advice all, if anyone else has opinions i would like to here them.