Is hope romantic, or stupid?

My ex and I broke up about 8 months ago. She just had to borrow my drill like 3 months ago. We have both been dragging our feet about getting together to return it. It was our last reason to contact.

The night I returned it we had made plans to get together 3 days later for that purpose. Again we were dragging our feet. I was sick of it, so I just showed up at her home with the last of her stuff.

I'm writing because when we make eye contact we both get kind of googly eyed and give an appearance of loviness. Her friends were there and made efforts to keep others out of the living room so we could be alone.

I have been very unemotional with her for quite awhile. I felt we both needed space.

Long story short: If you feel like there is still something there in situations with exes should you ignore it or come back to it? What should I do? Ladies?

Any help for a desperate soul?

YOU WRITE: "If you feel like there is still something there in situations with exes should you ignore it or come back to it? What should I do?

Unless it was temporary insanity, you had to have broken up for a very good reason. That's not something you do just because the milk soured. Why did the two of you break up? If it was something silly and you both are on good terms then, of course, you should talk to her and revisit the situation.

If the reasons for the break up still exist, then forget it. I just find it pretty irrational to think that two people who dearly care for each other would behave in such an unconventional way.

unless you act on what you're feeling. I agree with Tony that unless the thing that led you to break up in the first place has been resolved there is no point in getting back together.

Every break-up is different, just as every relationship is different. If you're feeling as though there's something between the two of you still you'll have to decide a) if you trust your instincts and b) if getting back together is something you want. If you answer yes to both, or perhaps even just "maybe," why not call her up and ask to meet for some coffee, and bring it up with her? Worst she can do is say "no thanks." Either way, you'll know.

good luck!