What should I do???

Please help,

I was w/ my ex for almost 2 yrs, we broke up 4 months ago, and we haven't spoken since, until last Friday. We ran into each other at a mutual friends house and we talked about our breakup and what went wrong and we actually worked alot of things out. We were best friends for 4 yrs, dated for 2, I thought she was the one, and in my heart I still do.. We broke up b/c we fought, just kinda got on each nerves once in a while, but we kinda gave up w/o a fight.. I have missed her since the day we broke up, and have dated other girls, and none of them can even compare to what she made me feel like, she made me complete... When we broke up we both even said that if we tried hard enuff that what we had was so worth trying for.. Now we talked via email today and then a few times on the phone, and we both miss each other so much, and we are planning on maybe going out for a drink this week. I am so happy that we talked, she makes me so happy, and she always has, but I am little scared. Do you think things can work out between 2 people after a 4 month split? Things change, people date other people , does this effect the people involved? I have always been one to think people are ex's for a reason and not to even try, but now that I am faced w/ the situation, I wanna give it my best try to make things work, even if it's just as friends, I love this girl so much, I will do anything to get her back..

Thank you for any advice,

J

After four months, you are remembering and missing the good things about the relationship. But the dynamics and problems that existed which caused the break-up still exist at some level and must be worked out.

There is simply no way of predicting if the two of you can get it back together again but there's no doubt you can probably reestablish a dating situation. However, if things fall back to the way they were before, the next breakup will be over forever.

Often, when we are in a relationship for a while we get complacent and don't nurture it as we should. We take it for granted. Taking a good relationship for granted can be the kiss of death for it.

Only hard work and changes on the part of both of you can bring this one back to life. And SHE has to have the desire to do so along with you.

Good luck!

One thing to keep in mind is.....

Its not your business what she did when you broke up...nor is it her's about you. Just keep the focus off the time you were apart...and instead, keep it on the present...

Thank you both for the advice, I totally appriciate it...

I have never used this board, but have been readin for a few years now, since the old message board was in effect, I like what they have done w/ the place..