Did I do it right?

I had a boyfriend for one year, one day he left, changed his phone number and never came back. I've heard that he got engaged to the woman he left me for.

Six month later I was having breakfast saturday morning when out of the blue he came back. He told that he broke his engagement, that he is sorry that he left me for someone who he did not know well and he is very depressed and has nobody to talk except for me. I told him I will listen and help him through because he is upset but it's not going to be the same. Two days later he got so comfortable with me listenning to his problems to the point when he starts telling me how wonderful she is and he is not sure whether he should leave her or not.

I told him that it took me 6 months not to think about him every day, he is insensitive monster talking about a woman who he left me for and I am not picking up the phone on him. I am blaming myself for letting him in again. Was I right trying to comfort him? I always thought that you cannot be mean to the one who caused you so much pain because you will be no better than him. Please, tell me what to do.

Tony,

I think I just got your point without you answering directly. You said it in your previous reply to somebody else.

“….You can live without men and you need to learn how to do that. You need to cool your jets, ease that flow of chemistry you have going, and be a little more picky about the guys you fall for. If you don't, you are destined to have a broken heart your entire life…. “

I will stay away from him.

YOU ASK: "Was I right trying to comfort him?"

This guy dumped you...just plain stopped calling you...then went off and got engaged to another woman...got dumped...then came back to you to cry on your shoulders??????????

If you said one word to him, you were out of your mind. Hey, babe, the world is wicked. Being sweet to people who dump all over you is as close to insanity as you can get.

OK, may you weren't wrong. But you were crazy as hell.

When somebody dumps on you, you don't give them another chance. Try to learn this time, toughen up a bit, or life will chew you up and spit you out so the steamroller can smash you flat.

I didn't mean to be so tough on you but you've got to learn this stuff. It makes no sense to be nice and sweet to somebody who has been viciously nasty to you.

I'm really sorry this happened to you...but I hope you have learned this final time...and don't let it happen again...please!!!