Help me!!!

I have a strange problem. I am 19, my girlfriend is 17. We have bee serious for about 2 years and been going out for about 3 and a half years. We fight off and on, when we do fight it is usally bad. We love eachother VERY much. Well this last fight we broke up, i told all my friends and family how terrible she was and exagerated everything! Now we want to get back together as I knew we would but I'm afraid of what my friends and family will think! Will they think I am weak? If they do, should I care? Help me!! Please! :-)

Phil McCracken

YOU WROTE: ". We fight off and on, when we do fight it is usally bad. We love each other VERY much."

You sure it's real love? When you're really in love with someone, you don't fight a lot and it sure isn't "usually bad." Either you're both young and immature or you don't have a clue what relationships or love are about.

YOU WROTE: "Well this last fight we broke up, i told all my friends and family how terrible she was and exagerated everything!"

Well that was a really bright move. If you really love her, why would you have slammed her like that to your family and friends, going so far as to exaggerating? Seems like you both need to wake up, smarten up and grow up. And if you're here, asking how to dig yourself out of the hole you've dug for yourself, good luck. Maybe next time you break up for good, you'll keep your business to yourself and be mature enough to refrain from telling tales about your girlfriend. You obviously care more about what they'll think than the very fact that you told stories about your girlfriend. Lovely.

I have a strange problem. I am 19, my girlfriend is 17. We have bee serious for about 2 years and been going out for about 3 and a half years. We fight off and on, when we do fight it is usally bad. We love eachother VERY much. Well this last fight we broke up, i told all my friends and family how terrible she was and exagerated everything! Now we want to get back together as I knew we would but I'm afraid of what my friends and family will think! Will they think I am weak? If they do, should I care? Help me!! Please! :-)

I never said I told stories. You are telling me you have never been angry at a loved one and just expressed your anger for them to a friend or family member? It's not like I was telling people that she cheated on me when she didn't. I never like to fight, she has a fighting quality about her that somtimes sparks a lot of anger in me. When we are together and not fighting she is perfect in everyway and we always just have fun! I don't know. I'm just all confused. We both don't realize what we lost until it's not there. Anyway, thanks.

Matt

YOU WROTE: ". We fight off and on, when we do fight it is usally bad. We love each other VERY much." You sure it's real love? When you're really in love with someone, you don't fight a lot and it sure isn't "usually bad." Either you're both young and immature or you don't have a clue what relationships or love are about. YOU WROTE: "Well this last fight we broke up, i told all my friends and family how terrible she was and exagerated everything!"

Well that was a really bright move. If you really love her, why would you have slammed her like that to your family and friends, going so far as to exaggerating? Seems like you both need to wake up, smarten up and grow up. And if you're here, asking how to dig yourself out of the hole you've dug for yourself, good luck. Maybe next time you break up for good, you'll keep your business to yourself and be mature enough to refrain from telling tales about your girlfriend. You obviously care more about what they'll think than the very fact that you told stories about your girlfriend. Lovely.

That was what my main instict. If my family gives me crap, then they will eventually get over it and I'll have my girl and family back. If I choose my family I may have never known what could have happened with my girl, and that didn't make me happy at all, it just made my family happy. I thinkin I want to choose whatever makes me happy, not anyone else. Thank you.

Don't be concerned about what others think. It's your life, live it for yourself not for others.

Well if you have such bad things about her, but also knew that you too would get back together than it sounds like you dont know what your doing. Is there any respect for each other huh? Doesnt sound like you care too much if when you try to make your self look good and her look like what?

Your young. But if you both love each other than yes, go for it again. But this time dont do the same things to hurt each other. Learn from your mistakes and try to better the r/s.

Go where your feelings leed you. Your family and friends, if they truly care for you, will respect your decision. You might get some crap first, but then you will just have to owe up of having exagerated.

Two advices for the future though. Try not to build up tiny resentments, in my experience thats what mostly leads to big blow ups and secondly, knowing that you two seem to be very passionate, hopefully in the good ways too :-), wait about telling all your friends and family about your fights. If you do need someone to talk about it, choose one real good friend, tell that one about the past too, and tell only that one, till you are sure, the decision is "forever". You will spare yourself and your girlfriend a lot of "sh.." from other people that way. And do choose a friend you can keep his/her mouth shut.

Best luck.