He's freaked me out

The other night my ex left 'our tune' on my answer phone. I just realised on that day it was exactly 6 months since we split. He finished it, not me. What is he playing at? It really hurt to hear this music, do I have the right to ring and tell him that he is out of order?

YOU ASK: "It really hurt to hear this music, do I have the right to ring and tell him that he is out of order?"

If you call him, acknowledge this act, and get into an argument over it, you will simply put yourself at his level. If you don't acknowledge the recording and go about your business, it will drive him up nuts wondering if you ever got the message.

Nothing he can do has the power to upset you. Only you can upset yourself by your responses. Forget about this. The day you broke up, the two of you no longer had a song.

He showed his butt by calling and playing this song on your recording device. You don't need to show your butt back. It's time at least one of you grew up.

And just to remind you, the reason the two of you broke up was because he is "out of order"...you don't need to remind him.

I think he has every right to do such a thing; and you have every right to ignore it, or to call him back and say that he is indeed out of order.

Like Tony said, if you respond, your getting yourself into a situation you may have not want to be in.

He obviously regrets splitting up with you, or he wants to try again.

It's up to you to allow that to happen.