Is my ex stringing me along?

I feel sort of silly for putting this out there -- at 26 years old you'd think that I'd show more action and less angst. Maybe you guys could help me out.

Last year I started dating one of my co-workers. Nice guy, but extremely flakey. His unreliability was the cause of the end of the relationship. We broke up amicably and decided we were better off as friends. I was still pretty devastated, heart-broken, angry at myself for getting involved with someone I knew from the get-go wasn't real boyfriend material, angry at him. It took me months to get over him as well as get over the idea that *I* was somehow to blame for his flakey behavior; I wasn't interesting enough, attractive enough, low-key enough, _whatever_ enough. What a lot of us women sadly tend to do when a relationship ends. We need that god**** validation!

Anyway, we keep in touch every so often -- from once every few weeks to once a month. He's usually the one who calls (and in a sober state). The conversations are pleasant and mostly platonic, though the chemistry's definitely still there. I still enjoy hearing from him. I'm still attracted to him, obviously. Every time he calls, he mentions getting together. I'm a pretty laidback girl by nature, particularly around my friends, and every time he's asked me out, I've always played it cool with a "yeah, sounds cool", something along those lines. E.g. not an "I'd love to." I can't help it!

So here's the catch: he's never followed through. We never end up meeting. He called me last week and suggested that we go to a movie, but since he "sucks so much at planning" (which I pointed out to him during the conversation when he asked why I hadn't called him lately), he says he'll give me a call sometime soon and see if I'm busy then.

I'm fine with that. Except for the fact that it's been five days and still no phone call. Sure, I'm keeping myself busy and I'm doing my own thing. I'm certainly not freaking out about it like I once did in the past when I was still very much attaced to him emotionally. But Hell, is it frustrating. Should I blow this guy off because he's too flakey, even as a casual friend? Did I just not express enough enthusiasm for him to feel confident enough to call me? Should I give him a call in order to remedy that? I know how tough it can be to ask a girl out.

If he was going to ask you out, he would have done.

If he was flakey in the relationship, he's not going to be less so now.

Original question: Is he stringing me along.

Answer: Yes.

Just my opinion of course.