She lingers.....

Last summer my roommate received a strange call from some girl. They chatted for a while and the conversation suddenly turned to me. She asked how I was doing, etc. He was suprised by it all and wondered who she was. She never told him but she did say to tell me that she would be back in town within a few months. She never came.

This past May she showed up at my job! Well we both worked there two years ago. That's how we met. Her best friend that set us up, still works there and she brought her down to the floor. She said that she was going to start working there again soon. She never did.

I found her email address in an old address I rarely use. My curiosity got the better of me so I sent her an email saying I knew she had contacted my roommate. She claimed that she didn't know who I was or who my roommate was. ( I never identified myself). I also said that I hoped she was doing well and that was that. Later on she "realized" it was me and said that she was just there to visit her friend for the weekend. She now lives in Florida and I am in Illinois. I sent her another email asking if she was going to work there like she said she would. She has yet to respond.

I guess what I'm trying to get it as why she would call my roommate or show up at my job then be very unreceptive in her emails to me. I have feelings for her still, I won't lie, but I don't see her giving me the relationship that I want. She picked a fight that led to an ugly breakup in which I was never able to get a word in. That was two years ago. Funny how she called my roommate a year later then showed up at my job a few months ago. She's 33, no kids and never been married.

Part of the reason I can't shake her is because I am still at the same job and she is able to keep "tabs" on me through her connections at work. We have mutual friends but I have yet to bring up her name around any of them. They say the best thing to do is cut ties with all mutual friends and disappear. I can't do that because I need to work! What's up with this chick? I never thought I would hear from her again but then her one friend comes down and starts looking at me as if she's "spying" on me. Don't know what's going on.