Mixed Emotions about Break

Hi, I'm new here and looking for any kind of advice...I'll try to keep this short.

My ex and i broke up about a month ago after 8 months together. I was truly in love with him, hes my first love.

We broke up because he needed space and time to think, etc. He said he thinks we were just together too much, all the time and he got worn out because he never had time to himself. The first week of the break it was assumed and repeated that this was JUST a break and we would get back together after the summer and see how we feel...he said don't forget me.

After a week of playing that game, I got frustrated and I wanted to know what he was thinking and if he missed me and if I should continue to wait for him. He had changed and he is now saying he needs more time to think and he doesn't know what he wants anymore. I asked if he was just too scared to officially break up with me and he said he doesn't know what he wants right now.

I gave him two week without contact and he said he would call me at the end of those two weeks. He did not call me, so I texted him saying I guess we were over and can I get my stuff back. He said he knew he should have called, but he was "waiting for the right time" and "didn't know what to say" and I said well call me right now and he said his family was there and he wouldn't be able to talk all weekend.

It really hurts that he didn't call me when he said he would and hes changing his thinking about wanting to be with me. This break is turning into a break up. Is there still hope for us? What should I do? Everytime I talk to him I get so angry at him for doing this to me and I just want to give up, but I love him so much. Please help!

Trialbyfire

Always assume it's a break up and start your healing process. You're letting him dictate the terms and conditions of your relationship. Tell him you want your items back now and he can continue thinking about it, on his own time. Funnel the energy on yourself, so you can go through the grieving/angry/letting go stages and finally move on.

the more you try to get him the more he is going to pull away...sounds like you should give a try to the break thing...and see what happens