Is there hope?

I'm not sure where to start. I've messed up so bad with my gf and do not know where else to go but here to get some support even if it hurts. Me and my gf have been together for a year now, although I should not say we were together together because it was a long distance relationship. She came home this summer and we have been spending some time together when we can. I'm in a situation where I have a child that lives with his mom. The only time I can see my gf is during the weeknights, even then it is somewhat difficult because she lives in another part of town and works until 5 or 6 at night. I do not drive, I'm blind so she comes down to see me when she can. She has told me in the past that she will have a full plate this summer but does want to see me as much as she can. I told her that was fine. We have seen each other for a total of 5 times this entire summer. At the middle of August she will be going back to another country where she has another job. On July 3 I messed up really bad with her. I had a very bad day with the ex and was under alot of stress. The gf called that night and I ended up taking the stress out on her. I accused her of not being interested in me and that I thought she was seeing someone else since we did not make out the last couple of times we saw each other. That pretty much did it for her. I apologized to her the next day and asked her to forgive me for what I said and she did forgive me but said she was not the girl I needed. I kept on pleading with her and she said she needed some time. I gave her that time. I then emailed her and said that I could see the writing on the wall and that we should just split up. Well..that did not last long. She IM'd me a couple of days later and said she missed talking with me. I believe we got back together again, although she never said she wanted to. Went out together last week and had a good time. After that she did not contact me for 2 days. I was beginning to feel needy, something I have a problem with, and so I IM'd her saying "are you playing hard to get"? She IM'd me last night and said she was sorry and that she has not been home the last couple of days, she is staying at her mom's temporarily. She was staying at her friends house. I wrote back and told her that that was irresponsible of her for not letting me know. She wrote back again and said that she was sorry and that she always feels like she has to defend herself with me. What do I say to this? Am I being controlling or too needy? Am I just being a jerk? How can I fix this with her and make things better? Is there a chance of us even staying together?