why do I want her back

I have been divorced for three years now from a twenty year marriage and my ex and I get along very well. She doesn’t work because of depression but does receive social security, which is not much and child support from me. About six months after our divorce she approached me about getting back together. I told her that I cared about her and always would but that I didn’t want to get back together but promised her that I would always be here for her if she ever needed me and I have kept that promise and always will. With no alterative motive I have on rare ocassions helped her financially and because of her depression I have given her a shoulder to cry on when she has needed it. My dilemma is that since our divorce like I said I have had absolutely no desire to get back together with her or try to make it work again. That was until about a year ago I found out that she was seeing someone and all of a sudden I have all these feeling and I wanted her back. That relationship lasted for about seven months for her and even though it’s over I’m still feeling the same way. Any thought as to why I’m feeling this way or has anybody been through this. I know I’m not feeling this way because someone else found her desirable. Just a side note, even though she was seeing someone I was still there for her during that time when she needed anything and even though I wanted her back during that time I gave her no indication of that. Anyway now the shoe is on the other foot.

IfWishesWereHorses

That's interesting. I read in a book and I'm sorry that I don't have it with me to quote it exactly but it gave a high percentage of men who upon learning of their wives affairs had sex with them that night. Many reported it being the best sex of their lives. I remember being surprised when I read that. The book was actually about how to improve desire in a monogamous LT reltionship and it seems that men have an increased desire for their spouses when they realise that other men desire them. Your situation seems to kind of back that up!

Woah you can get social security for depression? How depressed does one have to be for that to kick in? I should start looking into that instead of trying to get a job..

Diamonds&Rust

I know I’m not feeling this way because someone else found her desirable.

You know this? Or you want this to be true.

• Author

I know this to be true. I always knew she would have no problem hooking back up when she was ready, she is very pretty