Ex-still Here!!!

mrmiguel1978

Hello all. I am in the middle of a situation that seems weird and scary at the same time. I am in the middle of breaking up with my spouse and he and I finally came to agreement last night to officially break up. I was upset and he said that he couldn’t trust me. I was relieved to find out it wasn’t because of sex or another person, but rather with perception of me. To be fair, some of what he said was true. I did lie to him about several things and I asked God and him for forgiveness.

Now the weird part: He and I share an apartment together and the lease that I signed (not him) is not up until February 2008 and he has his own part of the apartment and I am still getting mine set up. We still sleep in the same bed. To make things even more complicated, we have been through the motions of breaking up over small stuff for 4 months now. He always comes back after about a week, but this time, he said that it was over for good this time, but he wants a friendship. Yesterday after our breakup, he asked me to ride with him to the store.

While we were on our way back, he asked me to accompany him to Nebraska (we live in Texas) for the weekend. When I tried to tell him that I had plans with a male friend of mine, he got mad and told me to “cancel it”. I told him I haven’t seen my friend for 3 months and he said that he didn’t care and to cancel it. I was taken by surprise. Just a couple hours earlier, he told me that he didn’t want a relationship and now he is getting jealous over a friend I’ve known for over 3 years.

Now I am just confused, does he want a relationship or not? Am I to move on with my life (still living with him) or just break my lease, take the repercussions and leave him for good. I live in Texas and if anyone knows anyway to break a lease (can’t afford the apartment on my own), then please let me know and what do you think is going through his head.