I want my ex back and he is asking for space

heartofgold

[COLOR=black]Hello All, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]My fiancé and I were engaged to be married and had bought a house together. After a major issue escalated out of control my fiancé called off the wedding. I was distraught and still am, because I really love him. We had been having problems in our relationship ever since we decided to get married, and were constantly arguing about anything and everything and I think the last argument was the last straw for him. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I did everything in my power to reason with him, I even spoke to his friends and family but that just pissed him off more. After lots of begging, pleading, reasoning, crying etc I tried to leave him alone and move on with my life. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]However recently I lost my job, and I told him about it. He was very supportive. We also spent a lot of time together, and talked at length about everything that went wrong in our relationship, about the possibility of getting back together, how we hurt one another etc. To me this was a good sign as before he was not even willing to listen to me. Now he actually accepts some responsibility and understands where he might have contributed to our relationship breakup.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]My fiancé was a gem of a person, a bit impulsive and hasty when angry but he really has a heart of gold and when we were together he gave pretty much everything. Looking back I think I took him for granted and made him feel unappreciated. He says I was not grateful for anything and sometimes I think maybe he was right. I wish could change things in the past but I cant and I have explained to him how sorry I am for everything and how much I am willing to make things different this time. He says he loves me but needs space to think about whether we can work given everything that has happened. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I love him so much and I am willing to do anything to make us work. I feel that our issues and not irresolvable. We both love each other immensely and he agrees that there is a lot of chemistry and passion between us but our arguments and other issues worry him. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]He is away on holiday and has asked for space, the problem is I am going out of my mind because all I want is to hear from him. I want to call him but I am so scared of losing him. I don’t want to push him away and jeopardize any chance of reconciliation. He says he will tell soon what he has decided but I am so scared that he is going to stick with his decision that I am finding it hard to function. He says he would like to forget the past and move on but needs to believe that he can and for that he needs time. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]What do I do? Am I waiting for something that might not happen? Should I just be patient and let him come to me in his own time?[/COLOR]