Ex broke NC rule after 15 days! he broke things off

My ex of 5 yrs (on/off) broke the NC rule today.

3 weeks ago he decided to break up by phone, due to daily arguing and longtime trust issues that i couldn't get over, so instead i drove him insane. I made him end things pretty much. It was mutual, but i was devastated, found out he slept with some other girl that same night.

A couple of days went by and I decided to get myself together, because i was a mess, utterly deppressed and crying my eyes out.

But within the week I realized it was it, and for the best, I felt so much LIGHTER, this guy was ruining my life, period.

Days after i decided to go out and enjoy a night out on the town, i met a couple of interesting guys, i never had so much attention, it felt good. I ended up talking with a really fun and great looking guy and had a BLAST - we still talk, txt almost everyday. I enjoy being with this guy a lot but nothing serious. Just enjoying my freedom. He made me forget all about my ex completely! :bunny: Until now...

The ex calls, i ignored the call, so he txts - "don't worry i wasn't starting it again. I was just driving by your house..wondering if you wanted to hang out and smoke. Are you still cool w/ me even though things didn't work out?"

I was stunned but i knew he was gonna do this again. Right after breaking up, i sent him an email saying i didn't want him to contact me whatsoever and to keep our distance. He always breaks NC!

I didn't wanna appear bitter or resentful, cause i'm not, it feels good to be over him. It is final, i know so. So i texted back and said "everything's cool, I'm kinda busy and not around" and that was it. Even though i was home browsing the net..

What is he up to?? is he just trying to be friends? I cannot be buddy-buddy with this guy, but he just does not get it. I don't know if i did the right thing by replying, or i should've just ignored him. I can just see that he will try to call and txt once again soon. Please advice!!

Chrome Barracuda

He's hoping you'd take him back after he probably thought he screwed up. He's hoping you'd still lay him up in the sack. I'd say move on with your life it's too short to waste.

He wants you to be on his back burner and a possible FWB. You're doing good. Keep ignoring the calls/text. He doesn't deserve your time.

obviously he has no respect for you if he can allow himself to sleep with someone else after breaking up with you. tell him to screw off and that you don't want anything to do with him. i'm sure the feelings are still there, 5 yrs doesn't go away that quick. but for you to move on you have to be rid of him until you can handle him without any feelings whatsoever but by then you may not care anymore. honestly if you were over him, i'm pretty sure you wouldn't have posted.

So tell him to stop contacting you be nice enough about it but be firm so he gets your point. block him ignore him, do whatever it takes. he'll get the hint as long as he's not crazy and starts stalking you, then thats another story. best thing to do though, don't read the txt msgs, emails, or voice msgs. just delete them if you know they're from him

DONT TALK TO HIM. My ex did that.

we have been broken up since july. The longest we went NC is 2 weeks. Cause he always comes back to my comfort.

and i'm the idiot always giving it to him.

I'm MISERABLE.

So be happy and move on!