Reading too much into things.

littlebopeep

littlebopeep

Ive been following the thread "advice from a dumper" and imho if i had been the dumper and realised i had made a mistake i think if i loved my ex that much i would swallow my pride and tell them even if i didnt get the answer i wanted,at least i would have tried.

The reason for this thread is because im sure many of us dumpees have looked into little signs from our exs and wondered if there was any meaning.

For example.i have been apart from my ex for about 7 months now,(he ended it saying he still loved fancied me but he had made the decision to end things for now.he had to go away for a year.

We have had very little contact in that time except for a couple of phone calls asking how i am and a couple of convos on msn.The 1 but last convo he asked if i was seeing any1 and i just told him i was ok on my own and having a good time with my friends,he said the same.

We didnt talk about us and at the end of the convo he said speak soon then a couple of xx then a picture of a pair of lips.The next convo a couple of weeks later he ended by putting a rose and xx.This all happened in the last couple of weeks and if it had happened when we 1st broke up i would have read too much into it and think he was maybe regretting it.

I wondered how many have thought this lol.Getting back to the thread advice from a dumper thats why imo i think if you have dumped some1 and know you have made a mistake then at least be honest about it and tell your ex.Even if they dont want you back it at least will give some self esteem back to them.Am i on my own in reading too much into things or is it something that most dumpees do?

Lots of dumpees read too much into things - that's why so many are advocates of the no contact rule, so there isn't anything too read into and you can get over the dumper.

A dumper who truly wants to get back together is usually honest about it at some point...if they don't ever say the words, it's likely they don't really want to get back together, but like keeping the dumpee on the back burner, just in case.