maybe in some cases

ssstrider

I posted on here about my situation, which is probably unique comparing too most breakups. I have done the NC and it has been approx a month. However I think NC is designed to help you move on and make yourself feel better in case the lightest chance she contacts you. It percentage wise probably works better if you are in same city, because then she will either see or hear the changes and the moving on attitude. However we must remember that through time and moving on as NC suggests, Time is also on her side, and also she or he will become more disattached to you. At the end of the day NC works to just move on, and make yourself strong again.

I have no choice but to have no cantact because she is now living 4 hours from me. so the chances of her ever contacting me are slim to none, and i have accepted that. NC does help the healing process and spead up the recovery to move on. It would be nice to hear some success stories of NC, but there are very few im sure. Goodluck

NC has always been, by design, to allow you to heal in the shortest amount possible. It has a side effect of possibly causing an ex to miss you. Those who use NC as a tool to manipulate an ex into coming back are quite often disappointed.

Usually in cases where a dumper breaks NC they are only fishing to make sure you are still on the hook. If an ex really, truly loves you and wants you back, nothing will stop them from contacting you.

If they aren't contacting you it means they aren't wallowing around missing you. They are living their lives to the fullest, without you and you should be doing the same.

The best revenge is a life well lived.

notmakingsense

Yes -- what Cali said!

NC has brought my ex back to me in the past.... but it was always temporary. Like Cali said, it is usually so that they can make sure that you are still their backup person.

Or like Mz Pixie likes to say... "They don't want you, but they don't want anyone else to have you either."